Graphic Design In Buenos Aires

erian

Registered
Hi all

I am starting to look for a job in a graphic design studio in Buenos Aires. Just thought I'd ask has anybody got any experience working here in the Graphic Design field, if they you of any great studios here (even just for me to follow them and see the type of work they do), and obviously if you know of any available jobs! : ) I would be looking for a Junior position.

Here is my website so have a look and any constructive criticism is always welcome!!!

Thanks a million!

www.iancarrigan.com

Hi Ian, I'm an English graphic designer here. I'm working in-house for a company that has various social media websites amongst other things.

Here are a few agencies here

www.dhnn.com
http://www.donbue.com
http://www.jwt.com/jwtbuenosaires
http://www.madrebuenosaires.com

Do you code as well as design?

Have you got your DNI?

Let me know how it goes!

Hey

I am quite familiar with html, css and can make websites in wordpress. I wouldn't be a code guru but can hold my own and always learning new things.

One problem is my DNI, I am engaged at the moment and we are planning on getting married pretty soon. Otherwise I would need a place to register at migraciones and 'sponsor' me so i get my 'ciudadania precaria'.

Cheers for the links!

Hey

I am quite familiar with html, css and can make websites in wordpress. I wouldn't be a code guru but can hold my own and always learning new things.

One problem is my DNI, I am engaged at the moment and we are planning on getting married pretty soon. Otherwise I would need a place to register at migraciones and 'sponsor' me so i get my 'ciudadania precaria'.

Cheers for the links!

That illegality may be an issue with formal employment as graphic designers are part of the Commercio union. Once you are in blanco and legalized you'll be well protected and paid but not sure how many studios hire graphic designers in negro as the scope for being reported and slaughtered by the unions is huge. We have 3 graphic designers in our company but Borracho sounds like he knows more about this area. Borracho - scope for getting a job fully en negro?

I don't want to work in Negro that's the thing. I have spoken to migraciones and they said if a studio hired me then they go to migraciones and register to hire a foreigner, and the paperwork starts from there and there should be no problem legally. Maybe they were spoofing and I am completely ill informed!!! : /

That illegality may be an issue with formal employment as graphic designers are part of the Commercio union. Once you are in blanco and legalized you'll be well protected and paid but not sure how many studios hire graphic designers in negro as the scope for being reported and slaughtered by the unions is huge. We have 3 graphic designers in our company but Borracho sounds like he knows more about this area. Borracho - scope for getting a job fully en negro?

This totally depends on the studio or company. I would just send out your CV anyway and try and get in touch with people who work there.
I know a few expats working in negro. It really makes it a lot easier if your legit.

Some companies will give you a contract that you'll need to get your residency, but trust me its a nightmare to go through all the procedures.
If you plan on staying long term it'll be worth it.

How long you been here Ian?

Been here the bones of a year but I was working on projects for back home for the last while but now I would like to get some more experience in a studio environment.

I understand about the long winded procedures for getting the DNI. I plan on just getting in touch with studios and see what happens anyway!

Been here the bones of a year but I was working on projects for back home for the last while but now I would like to get some more experience in a studio environment.

I understand about the long winded procedures for getting the DNI. I plan on just getting in touch with studios and see what happens anyway!

Cool I was thinking of jumping ship so let me know how it goes. I'll probably only be here for another 18 months.

Back