Grass Fed Organic Beef?

polostar88

Registered
Where do you find it in Buenos Aires? What butcher shop? Would pay the extra price.

Number one priority is grass fed, organic important too but I need grass fed beef.

Also interested in pastured/natural pork products.

I would also like to know this. There is a lot of talk about how the beef has changed since the late 1990s, and only the people in the know can get the classic grass-fed.

Where do you find it in Buenos Aires? What butcher shop? Would pay the extra price.

Number one priority is grass fed, organic important too but I need grass fed beef.

Also interested in pastured/natural pork products.

The Argentinian government many years made it law to not allow the promotion of grass fed meat products . For me this is a crime of huge proportions and completely discrimatory . In most western societies grass fed beef is actively promoted at a higher price but as a consumer we must have this right to eat healthy . There are a few places in Buenos Aires that you can buy grass fed beef but its not promoted on the labels . You must ask the server to give this to you . Completely and utterly prohibitive but that is how it is . The numbers below will help you . Make sure that you ask for carne de pastura and they will assist you . Amics in Palermo has very high quality grass fed beef products as does Benjamin Market in Acasuso.

Ambiorix
Agustín Álvarez 2302, Florida, Buenos Aires
4718-2721
https://www.facebook.com/AmbiorixCharcuteria/

Amics
Av. Santa Fé 5202 Palermo, CABA
4775-7776
www.amics.com.ar

Hugo (pastura terminada a maíz)
Liniers 1635, Tigre, Buenos Aires
4749-3639

www.benjaminmarket.com.ar

Cabaña del Rey
Diego Carman 265, San Isidro, Buenos Aires
4735-6441

Alma Campo
Saladillo, Buenos Aires
https://www.facebook.com/carnesnaturales

Perry, I am a fan of goat meat aka Chivito.

Where can I find fresh goat meat which is not "helado" and which they will cut as per my specifications?

Perry, I am a fan of goat meat aka Chivito.

Where can I find fresh goat meat which is not "helado" and which they will cut as per my specifications?

Are you looking for Halal meat? Goat meat is very healthy especially when fresh. In Greek villages it was the most popular meat for many generations

Last edited:
Are you looking for Halal meat? Goat meat is very healthy especially when fresh. In Greek villages it was the most popular meat for many generations

No, not "Halal meat". Fresh meat - means fresh. Not frozen. Where I can walk in and ask the butcher to cut it for me as per my specified cuts.

Regarding pork, you can find corn feed porks (lechones de granja) or wild pork grass feed in nature.

Regarding cows, forget about organic, there are a fee local disease that makes it not wise, they need vaccination.

Grass Feed is another issue.

Chivito and Cordero are similar but tastes are a bit different. Usually chivito has very less fat and is softer. I am able to find pretty decent pre-cut "costillas" de Lamb in Jumbo Palermo ( cerviño y bulrich) on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Highly recommended for lamb fans,

Back