great confiteria for pastries /near camarin de las musas

luismarcos

Registered
over the years, I have found pastries in Argentina pretty disappointing...many times i have gone to confiterias and the sweets LOOK great and then when you try them they are awful and you need to drown everything in dulce de leche to make them edible

i am a big fan of a traditional confiteria called
Boulevard Cordoba which is on the corner of Cordoba and Mario Bravo
That is Cordoba 3502

for me, they have the best alfajores (all home made) and a great collection of French-like pastries (always different) and great medialunas-- all at reasonable prices

lots of local people always there, no place to sit, just walk in, TAKE A NUMBER, and bump into a lot of people...so far this place has not failed and i think it has a long tradition in the neighborhood

by the way, there is a house converted to a theatre called CAMARIN de LAS MUSAS nearby (half a block on Mario Bravo) and always a fun place for a coffee and even watching an experimental play-- you can get discounted tickets for the plays there on LAVALLE 742 where you get a coupon and just pay a small fee at the theatre...CAMARIN has a website to see what is playing-- warning: experimental theatre often means a bit weird

Back