Great New Vegetarian Restaurant

Davidglen77

Registered
There's a new vegetarian restaurant called "Green Life" on Av. Corrientes 1915 near the corner of Riobamba. It's about a block away from the Callao subway station on the 'B' line. It's tenedor libre, however you can take out food, they weigh it by the kg. It's $6,50 per 1/4 kg or $26,00 per kg. They just opened yesterday night, it's run by chinese people so a lot of the food is Asian themed, stir frys, sauteed vegetables, white rice, brown rice, vegtables for salad, vegetarian sushi rolls, desert, ice cream, etc, etc. I took out food both yesterday and today from there as I had to be in the area in the evening. Everything was fresh and DELICIOUS. I highly recommend this place. It's also nicely decorated inside with all exposed brick and a peaceful atmosphere.

There is another well-known vegetarian tenedor libre on Av. Corrientes near Medrano called "Los Sabios", which I have been going to for years.

Let's patronize this place as Buenos Aires certainly is lacking in places that serve fresh vegetables. I am really trying to avoid those delicious empanadas and pizza (from Kentucky) on a nightly basis. Have fun all!!

I walked past that place last Friday (it hadn't opened yet) on my way to Los Sabios. When I arrived at LS, it was closed! (just before 9pm) I really hope this isn't a permanent thing... I'll certainly be returning to show my support! Thanks for the rec.

Is this the same Green Life that was on Paraguay y Aguero (i think), it was a veggie chino tenedor libre that opened a few years ago, and I think closed shortly after... possibly the same owners?

Los Sabios was closed on a Friday?! that's really not a good thing... LS is great!A similar thing happened to me one night, I went and they just happened to be closed, but they usually have a sign letting people know.

Back