Great Things Argentina has that home doesn´t

Rease

Registered
I feel like a lot of the time we get caught up in missing things from home and complaining about how Argentina is not exactly like home but the reality is, all of us have chosen this place as a home (permanent or temporary) so we must like it a little bit, right?!

So I would like to hear about the things you love about Argentina that set it apart from your home.

For me, I like that Argentina is teaching me how to relax. I am a crazy workaholic and I have always been a little too stressed out. I was crazy about arriving 20 minutes early to things, eating meals quickly, rushing around, etc. While I think Argentina can be a little too relaxed at times, I like that here I allow myself to slow down more.

jb5 said:
Delivered ice cream!

Delivered everything!

EXACTLY. I am obsessed with ice cream so having it available for delivery at midnight is a pretty huge deal.

Rease - What a great idea!

Let's see, I was recently in the States for 2 months and found myself missing how gracious Argentines are to pregnant women and how friendly they are to small children.

I also missed being left alone in restaurants. Yes, it takes 2 hours to have a meal in BA, but it's really nice to finish a conversation and not be interrupted every 5 minutes by a waiter who wants to know how you're doing.

Weekend getaways are common and easy without having a car (though it would be nice!).

Doctors who do house calls. House Calls went out prior to Father Knows Best and Leave it to Beaver in the United States.

House calls are great, but the U.S. legal system and paperwork makes them impossible today.
What I like best about Buenos Aires is that I don't have to drive anywhere, in fact I view a car as a liability. I can buy everything I need by walking a block or two. In Houston our public transport is about non-existent. In BA the public transport is cheap and efficient. In Houston I need to drive at least two miles to get anything.

Back