Gringos In Ba Living With The Us Dollar Must All Be Happy

my friend is paid 15 pesos per hour working in a restaurant,she is Colombian student,taking the piss or what?

Someone needs to edit that first paragraph from Reuters:
Argentina's black market peso slid 5.5 percent to close at a record low against the dollar on Wednesday due to further government controls aimed at keeping dollars in the country, traders said.

Replace slid with rose and record low with record high. How did that get by them?

The black market only makes the value of the inflation very real. That is all.
We went throuh this many many times before. It will have a tragic ending, like an ancient greek play.

Someone needs to edit that first paragraph from Reuters:
[/font][/color]

Replace slid with rose and record low with record high. How did that get by them?

They didn't err. The value of the peso is proportional to the inverse of the ~8 ARS/USD figure that we frequently use, i.e. if it goes from 8 to 10 (pesos per dollar) then the peso's value dropped from 12.5 cents to 10 cents. An easy enough mistake, happens to many.
- Jim

I don't know if it is better for me or not. This morning on my way for coffee I passed a woman with three children, all sleeping under blankets under an overhang of the building across from me--except the mom wasn't sleeping but was sitting up against the wall of the building. I passed her, realized what I had seen, and returned and gave her half the money I had at the time. I'll have to return to my apartment in order to get through this day. It isn't the first time I've done that so I don't know if the blue rate is benefitting me or not. I also realize that I can't support them all. I don't give to beggers, but if I see a situation like that I do.

I don't think the U.S. is far behind. I know this will evoke shock from most of you here (but not all). Someone mentioned workers in Argentina whose salaries are not being raised in relation to the true inflation rate. The same is happening in the U.S. and espeially to retirees. It's part of the reason for the fake government stats about the inflation rate. There is a vast number of U.S. citizens on Social Security. Many so uninformed they are not aware that the Social Security Trust Fund has been plundered and is full of IOUs now, and Congress is talking about taking over private retirement funds in order to "manage it for us so we won't lose money." Yeah, sure! I don't care what country it is, put a huge amount of money in the hands of politicians and it WILL be stolen.

Don't think I'm discouraged. I'm not. I know that there is a God! And I am learning a LOT about how things work.

Money isn't everything, and money can't buy happiness. Even if Expats have a better standard of living, that hardly means much.
Money is'nt everything but is a lot easier to cry in the back of a Mercedes than in the back of the bus , and while you can not buy happiness is always available for lease .
WAKE UP

Money is'nt everything but is a lot easier to cry in the back of a Mercedes than in the back of the bus , and while you can not buy happiness is always available for lease .
WAKE UP

I'm just referring to the fact that, even if you have money in Argentina, you still might not like it much. That was the gist of my comment.

Argentineans hoards over 100.000.000.000 USD savings outside the country, I guess they are all happy.

Wooo hooo,! saz someone living there over there with the US$ rise against the AR Pesos.
Anyone with the Dollars and enjoying the Argentina livings, must all feel very content. The higher the US Dollars the better in order to combat the ferocious Argentinean inflation for all the Expats living there I believe.
Argentina's black market peso hits low as controls tightened

(Reuters) - Argentina's black market peso slid 5.5 percent to close at a record low against the dollar on Wednesday due to further government controls aimed at keeping dollars in the country, traders said.

The informal peso, which is measured by Reuters, ended at 8.70/8.75 per dollar, bringing the difference with the official exchange rate to 71.7 percent.

http://www.reuters.c... ... CN20130320

What a mindless post...folks are losing their lifesavings and this numbnut is cheering about it. Just go away...

I don't think the U.S. is far behind. I know this will evoke shock from most of you here (but not all). Someone mentioned workers in Argentina whose salaries are not being raised in relation to the true inflation rate. The same is happening in the U.S. and espeially to retirees. It's part of the reason for the fake government stats about the inflation rate.

Oh please. What a load of horseshit!

Back