Groupon Buenos Aires just launched

Sleuth

Registered
Happy to see that one of my more favorite US web sites now has a Buenos Aires edition.

Groupon is a group buying site with daily local deals. A minimum number of people have to buy the deal for it to become valid. If they do, everyone gets the deal. If not, no one gets it that day.

It's a good business idea and there have been some good Buenos Aires promotions already. You can sign up for a daily email at the site to get sent their promotions.

http://www.groupon.com.ar/in/.BkLJTw

Just to clarify then, because I signed up to receive their emails a few days ago: I can't just print a voucher off, take it into (for instance) the restaurant it's for, and get the discount? It'll only apply if lots of other people do the same thing that day?

How the hell does that work? Do they ask me to come back at midnight to pay the bill, or something?

Gaucho Sam said:
Just to clarify then, because I signed up to receive their emails a few days ago: I can't just print a voucher off, take it into (for instance) the restaurant it's for, and get the discount? It'll only apply if lots of other people do the same thing that day?

How the hell does that work? Do they ask me to come back at midnight to pay the bill, or something?

You actually have to "pre-buy it" first. From what I understand, you put it on your credit card, but they do not charge your credit card unless they hit the minimum number of people who need to take the deal.

Back