GTKFE: How safe is Buenos Aires? (pls read post before voting)

How safe is Buenos Aires? (pls read post before voting)

• Very safe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Safe

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Somewhat safe

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Average

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Somewhat unsafe

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Unsafe

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Very unsafe

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters

2GuysInPM

Registered
GTKFE (Getting To Know Fellow Expats)...

How safe is Buenos Aires? .... Since there's been some of discussion about the topic lately, why not try a poll?

The term SAFETY can be broad, so BEFORE YOU VOTE...

SET ASIDE:
- What you read in the media
- What you see on TV
- What you read online (including this forum)
... about the safety and crime issue.

Draw your conclusion from your OWN experiences and from those you've been directly exposed to. For example; incidents that affected you, your close friends, or people you know and with whom you interact regularly. In other words, discard hear-say, things you heard from a friend of a friend, etc. etc.

Safety can be relative so it's OK to define in comparison with your place of origin, or previous cities you've lived in (for a significant amount of time).

Think of SAFETY more in terms of being physically hurt or threatened by CRIME, and less about casual petty theft, the cabby with fake notes, or springing an ankle on the many cracked sidewalks of BA.

Obviously this is just a little test to try and separate some of the perceptions from what has really directly affected expats here in BA. It is also a poll for fun; so, no need to draw any big conclusions from it (or make this a flame thread about the topic... plenty of those already). ;)

With that in mind, feel free to discuss here as well. :)

Poll is anonymous, single vote.

------------
Previous polls:
How much are your expensas?
What do we pay for rent?
What best describes your political views?
Internet Providers Which one do you have?
In what area of Buenos Aires are you?
What brought you to Argentina?

I lived in DC for years, in my twenties, single, and female. Walking home from dinner at midnight or a bar at 2am never posed any problems for me. Though, outsiders were always asking me about the gang violence, gun fire, robberies that they had heard about on the news. None of which I ever experienced living in the Capital.
BA has been the same for me. I've been told that Asians are an easy target here, in addition, I'm 5 feet tall and 110lbs. Besides the constant cat calling, people have left me alone. That is, I've yet to be actually robbed. And the few attempts I've endured, have surrendered upon being called out. So for me, BA is SAFE.

thuy.ashtango said:
I lived in DC for years, in my twenties, single, and female. Walking home from dinner at midnight or a bar at 2am never posed any problems for me. Though, outsiders were always asking me about the gang , gun fire, robberies that they had heard about on the news. None of which I ever experienced living in the Capital.
BA has been the same for me. I've been told that Asians are an easy target here, in addition, I'm 5 feet tall and 110lbs. Besides the constant cat calling, people have left me alone. That is, I've yet to be actually robbed. And the few attempts I've endured, have surrendered upon being called out. So for me, BA is SAFE.

From what I have seen the elderly are the most vulnerable on the streets.

Hie and thanks for the wonderful site..........I honestly think Buenos Aires is safe and i actually love it here...xoxoxo

Back