GTKFE: What brought you to Argentina?

What primarely brought you to Argentina?

• Job relocation / employment.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Retirement.

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • School.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Change of scene (ext. vacation / adventure).

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Family / Marriage / significant other.

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • Business or investment opportunities.

Votes: 28 37.3%
  • The current world economic crisis.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Seeking better quality of life.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Vacation home.

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters

2GuysInPM

Registered
GTKFE (Getting To Know Fellow Expats)...

I think it would be interesting to see a few polls here about us expats. Given that we're a diverse bunch, perhaps this could help build a picture of our community at large. :rolleyes:

I'll start with the proverbial; "Why did you come to Argentina?"

I know there are many reasons, but we're limited to 10 here by the forum, so hopefully the ones I picked are general enough to cover the basics.

So... go ahead and vote! Multiple choices are allowed, and voting is anonymous. You're also welcome to discuss with a post below.

Combo of things for us.
Definitely wanted a change of scene and an adventure, but it was the job that made it possible.

You missed Tango off the poll, surely I am not the only person who came here for tango?

tangobob said:
You missed Tango off the poll, surely I am not the only person who came here for tango?

Argh! sorry :eek: ... put both Tango and Learn Spanish, under "School". ;)

(wish I could edit the poll...)

Way of living, The Andes, people's view on life, prices. In that order, more or less.

affordable living for those with dollar income ie its much cheaper than any other big city in the world to live in.

diego7david said:
affordable living for those with dollar income ie its much cheaper than any other big city in the world to live in.

Very true and surprisingly not talked about too much.

"diego7david" wrote, "affordable living for those with dollar income ie its much cheaper than any other big city in the world to live in."

soulskier said:
Very true and surprisingly not talked about too much.
Really? I've read more than one extended debate about this very subject in just this forum.

Back