Guard Dogs For Adoption

citygirl

Registered
I have four large dogs that are available for adoption over the next few weeks. Not suitable for house dogs but absolutely suitable for campos, quintas, etc.
1) Fila Brasileiro (brazilian mastiff) - Female, turning 4 and will be spayed next week
2) Boerboel (african mastiff) - turning 2 - male - intact
3) Two puppies from the above - both male and turning 1 in October

They are large dogs. The Boerboel is the most friendly with people. The puppies are stranger aggressive as is the fila although great with owner and immediate family.
They are outdoor guard dogs (i.e. never lived inside and not house trained) They are vaccinated and up to date on shots. Cannot be with cats.

If anyone is interested, shoot me an email. They're great guard dogs and absolute loves but they need large spaces.

We're leaving Argentina. Sold the farm and the new owners decided they were too much dog for them. I think I have one placed but I want to make sure they wind up in the right situations.

You're leaving too? Seems like everyone is going.

Do you have any pics of the puppies. I'll ask around.

You're leaving too? Seems like everyone is going.

Do you have any pics of the puppies. I'll ask around.

We weren't planning on leaving but someone knocked on the door and made an offer and those opportunities don't come twice. And we love(d) our life but with the kids, we started realizing that Argentina might not be the best place for them in the future.

Informal pics of dogs from this week:
Fila:
412750621.jpg

Boerboel:
412750617.jpg

Two puppies and dad (puppies are bigger than father)
412750615.jpg

Beautiful puppies. Too bad we don't have any more space. I'm sure you'll find them some great homes.

there is no reason they can't be house trained. I'll try and spread this around.

Let me check with the bolivians down the road, they saw my italian mastiff and wanted some dogs like her to keep the bandidos at bay, i will confirm :cool:

I'm sad to hear that you're leaving, Citygirl...... :(
I can see how having kids changes your perspective on things, especially with the uncertainty.
Best of luck to you.

And it's good that the new owners will keep the dogs. At least they get to stay in their home.

I'm sad to hear that you're leaving, Citygirl...... :(
I can see how having kids changes your perspective on things, especially with the uncertainty.
Best of luck to you.

And it's good that the new owners will keep the dogs. At least they get to stay in their home.
Thank you! I'm super happy the dogs get to stay - that was the plan but then the new owners changed their mind but luckily changed it back. These breeds are generally very attached to place, not as much people. And they love their life as farm dogs and a house wouldn't have been the right fit for them (and actually they were on the no-fly list as they're classified dangerous breeds).

I'm actually a little sad to be leaving. We love(d) our farm and it has been a great life. But selfishly, I'm happy to be closer to my family after almost a decade abroad and also not to have the stress of the business and all the rest any longer.

Back