Gym in Recoleta

jpearl

Registered
I have a friend who needs a complete gym with pool who will be staying in Recoleta for two months. He will be living near Juncal and Cerrito. Please let me know if you are aware of a facility. thx....

The megatlon on Rodriguez Peña, between Santa Fe and Marcelo T. De Alvear has a swimming pool.

It doesn't appear that Sport Club has a location in Recoleta.

However, if your friend does decide to go with them at one of their other locations, I recommend them. It's a bit pricey, but they provide a pretty good service, in my opinion. What makes it a winner for me is that it's 2 blocks from my house. If you're the kind of person who likes to go work out everyday, economically, it just makes sense. If you were to head to the Palermo parks on the subway M-F, that's $100 pesos for transport. And if you're like me and need something to drink everyday, add another $100 pesos on the month. Total: $200 pesos.

To sign up, you have to pay a $300 ARS registration fee (ugh), $300 ARS for the month, and then $60 ARS for your membership card. I go to one of their Belgrano locations, and it has a pool, bikes (6), ellipticals (3), treadmills (~10), and tons of weight lifting stuff. They also have locker-rooms, complete with a sauna. And if that weren't enough, they offer classes pretty (yoga, spinning, etc) much throughout the day. The fee isn't that outrageous considering I'd probably save around $200 by having it so close to me.

And no, I don't work there, but I'm just a pretty satisfied customer. Even the staff at the Belgrano location is friendly, full of Hellos and How-are-yous. Very strange in Buenos Aires! :)

Back