Habilitación De Salida

nickname303

Registered
Greetings!

I have a question that perhaps someone with more experience can answer.

I'll be leaving the country this coming Wednesday and my situation is the following: I recently obtained my Residencia Precaria (on my way to getting the temporaria) but in the interim my tourist VISA expired. Do I still need to pay the habilitación de salida?

Thanks!

I'll be leaving the country this coming Wednesday and my situation is the following: I recently obtained my Residencia Precaria (on my way to getting the temporaria) but in the interim my tourist VISA expired. Do I still need to pay the habilitación de salida?

No! (Be sure to have your precaria with you.)
emo32.gif

No! (Be sure to have your precaria with you.)
emo32.gif

Exactly.
Conceptually, your having overstayed did not render you 'illegal'; it simply left you without a valid legal status in the country. Hence you must 'rehabilitate' said status in order that you be allowed to depart.
Your precaria solved that: you are provisionally (lit. 'precariously') a legal resident.

I was wondering if anyone knows how many times is it possible to use a Habilitación De Salida?
I'm in the process of getting a temporary residency (haven't filed any papers yet, but waiting for police check etc to arrive).
I've paid the Habilitación De Salida twice before and have heard you can do it 3 times??

My 90 days run out tomorrow, so was wondering if it's better to go to Colonia or to pay the Habilitación De Salida

And does it look bad when going for temporary residence to have 3 Habilitación De Salida's on there?

Thanks

(also, should this be a new post or is it best continued in this one??)

There is no hard and fast number. Every time you overstay, it raises the chances that you be deemed a de facto resident (pseudo-tourist) and therefore be denied entry to the country.
Going to Colonia does not change this in the least, it only adds to your list of sins a clumsy attempt to fool them.

When applying for residency all this is completely irrelevant.

My own experience here.

I'm in the process of getting a temporary residency (haven't filed any papers yet, but waiting for police check etc to arrive).

My 90 days run out tomorrow, so was wondering if it's better to go to Colonia or to pay the Habilitación De Salida

And does it look bad when going for temporary residence to have 3 Habilitación De Salida's on there?

You don't need to do anything.

Going to Colonia is pointless and if you pay the Habilitación De Salida now I believe it will expire in ten days. Then you will have to pay it again when you apply for residency.

Re: Applying for residency: Migraciones has never been known to care how many overstays there have been in the past. If you qualify for residency you will get it.

Great. Thanks for your help!!

Any idea if I need to pay the Habilitación De Salida just before lodging the residency papers? Or they'll make me pay it then?

(i.e. From the point of view of having the Residency stuff go through smoothly... as opposed to being concerned about 600 pesos)

Further question (sorry for all the questions):
I just found that you can extend your Visa 1 time (an immigracion lawyer has just recommended I do it)

(I also saw this article https://vamospanish.com/extend-tourist-visa-buenos-aires-argentina/)

Do you know if

1. This is different to "Habilitación De Salida" (I'm guessing it is)
2. Is this wise to do? Or could it create more problems, etc?

(again, my main goals is to have as 'clean slate' as possible for when I lodge the residency application. I don't mind spending the 600 pesos)

Thanks, I really appreciate any advice/feedback

Further question (sorry for all the questions):
I just found that you can extend your Visa 1 time (an immigracion lawyer has just recommended I do it)

Do you know if

1. This is different to "Habilitación De Salida" (I'm guessing it is)
2. Is this wise to do? Or could it create more problems, etc?

(again, my main goals is to have as 'clean slate' as possible for when I lodge the residency application. I don't mind spending the 600 pesos)

Thanks, I really appreciate any advice/feedback

The 90 day extension is called the "prorroga de permanencia" but if your 90 days have already expired (if tomorrow is the 91st day),you will have to pay an additional $300 pesos. If tomorrow is the 90th day you can get the prorroga without a turno (appointment) and without paying the extra $300.

Prior to the new "threat" of arresting foreigners with an expired visa, I, along with many others, would have told you to
let your 90 day visa expire, but now it might not be "worth" the risk. It depends on how soon you will submit your paperwork to migraciones.

If everything is "in order" migraciones won't care if your 90 day visa has expired and you will leave migraciones with a precaria (a paper) that will suffice until you receive your DNI.

Back