Buying internationally from Amazon or Alibaba

what if i use my mom's canadian credit card to buy something from spain and then have it shipped here. would they still rip her off with crazy taxes? how does that work? or will the local aduana make me pay half the value of everything just because i used a foreign credit card? can someone clarify this? thanks guys, your insights are very educational.

you would have to pay the import taxes when your item arrives in country. I don't think you'd have to pay the solidarity tax because how would they know? You've used a foreign credit card.

you would have to pay the import taxes when your item arrives in country. I don't think you'd have to pay the solidarity tax because how would they know? You've used a foreign credit card.

any way to estimate the argentine import taxes on the number of items i need to purchase from amazon.es ? also, what's with the CUIL number needing to be mentioned in the shipping address? amazon asks me what type of identification i would like to specify with the purhase - either passport number, DNI or CUIT, but it does not explain the procedural difference between the three and i don't feel like gambling. I want to buy and pay the most minimum possible.

P.S. someone told me they have major delays at the aduanas due to the virus, i feel like there are so many rumors and no concrete info. did anyone order from amazon lately? thanks.

any way to estimate the argentine import taxes on the number of items i need to purchase from amazon.es ? also, what's with the CUIL number needing to be mentioned in the shipping address? amazon asks me what type of identification i would like to specify with the purhase - either passport number, DNI or CUIT, but it does not explain the procedural difference between the three and i don't feel like gambling. I want to buy and pay the most minimum possible.

P.S. someone told me they have major delays at the aduanas due to the virus, i feel like there are so many rumors and no concrete info. did anyone order from amazon lately? thanks.

I've said it once before, but I'll say it again - try talking to DHL and see what they can do to help you. They were advertising a service with which they give you a shipping address in the USA, you have your amazon purchase shipped to that address, andf then DHL ships it to Argentina for you. They said clearly you still have to pay the taxes, but you avoid the horrors of Aduanas.

I don't know any details, and I'm not sure they are still offering the service, but what can it hurt to talk to them and ask?

I've said it once before, but I'll say it again - try talking to DHL and see what they can do to help you. They were advertising a service with which they give you a shipping address in the USA, you have your amazon purchase shipped to that address, andf then DHL ships it to Argentina for you. They said clearly you still have to pay the taxes, but you avoid the horrors of Aduanas.

I don't know any details, and I'm not sure they are still offering the service, but what can it hurt to talk to them and ask?

There were two services which are no more - DHL Compra Facil (discontinued) and DHL LATAM eSHOP (argentina was since removed from the list of countries)

sources:
https://www.infoviajera.com/2020/08/dhl-compra-facil-final-triste-y-complicado/
https://www.infoviajera.com/2020/07...r-compras-de-afuera-reemplaza-a-compra-facil/

Ah, OK, thanks. I'm 90% sure it was Compra Facil I saw advertised.

makes me think, maybe i could get things shipped to my parent's place in canada and have them mail it via UPS directly to my address here? would that solve the problem or would the package still be retained at the aduana? and how would i pay the import tax in such case if i won't be using an argentine credit card? any ideas?

makes me think, maybe i could get things shipped to my parent's place in canada and have them mail it via UPS directly to my address here? would that solve the problem or would the package still be retained at the aduana? and how would i pay the import tax in such case if i won't be using an argentine credit card? any ideas?

Color me clueless. I have no idea.

There is a special "Did your mom send it to you?" checkbox in customs forms.
And if you check it, you are completely exempt of all import duties.
Sometimes they even bring your package from the plane right to your door with a marching orchestra.

There is a special "Did your mom send it to you?" checkbox in customs forms.
And if you check it, you are completely exempt of all import duties.
Sometimes they even bring your package from the plane right to your door with a marching orchestra.

is this confirmed or just a rumor? and also, at which stage of the order do i have to fill out such customs form? and where do i get one? thanks

Back