Hair Salon

Angie

Registered
I'm in desperate need of a haircut and highlights.. CAn anyone recommend a good hairdressers for cut and colour.(.I'm in Palermo Chico area).
Most grateful for replies.
Thanks

If you don't want a fancy salon that does a great job with cuts and color,, I go to:
Onda's Melqui Peluqueros,2724 Oro (entre Cervino y Juncal). Tel: 4777-2409. They are very inexpensive as well. If you want a fancier type place that does an equally good job: go to a Roberto Giordano salon. I go to the one in Paseo Alcorta and the colorist's name is Victor...he's great.

I recommended Ryan Oakley to a very good friend of mine (he already has 2 of my other friends as regulars) and she was very happy with the service and the result. Contact him please at 15-3050-2076. Did you say you needed one who speaks english? Ryan is from Canada.

I go to Roho -- I used to go to the one in Caballito, but they just opened on in Palermo at Malabia between Nicaragua and Soler I believe, they are are in the 1700 block. They are expensive, but really really good. They do their color with a cap, not painting it on etc. Their cuts are fantastic. I usually get a cut every other time, and if they offer you extras (conditioning treatments etc) ask the prices. For color, cut, shampoo/conditioner, bano de crema, brushing, and a little product (everything, and I mean eveything is a la carte here, down to the dollop of wax they use at the end etc) I paid, and I hate to admit it, 300 pesos (GASP! yes!). When I don't get color, and just go for a cut, shampoo, blowdry, it's less than 100.

I never thought I'd be willing to pay that money for my hair here, but the cuts are great. I can go up to three months without having to cut it again, and just do colour in between -- you know you got a good cut when it looks good that long.

In Palermo: Ask for Diego -- he does everything, color and cut

In Caballito: Dany for cut, and I think the guy I had for color was Rafael, but I can't remember, I only saw him once.

Oh, I have long hair, and the 300 included a tip. It might be less for shorter hair or just highlights, last time I went I got full colour.

I have long hair and at the hairdresser I recommended earlier in this thread, I pay 40-50 pesos for a brushing (shampoo, conditioner, blow dry and flat iron and maybe a little product). For a haircut, color, highlights, brushing and flat iron, I paid 152 pesos. Ask for Melqui or Mercedes.

I like the sound of the one called Roho. Do you have the phone number so I can make an appointment?

Hi! I can highly recommend Leo at the following salon: El.Glamour - hair studio
Address: Gallo 1654 (Gallo y Santa Fe) Tel. 4829-7093
[email protected]

A cut with Leo cost around 75 pesos that includes the washing and blow drying.
He understands a little English but does not really speak it. It's better if you can at least sort of explain in Spanish what you want...

Whenver I walk in, I never wait long...

Harleygirl said:
I have long hair and at the hairdresser I recommended earlier in this thread, I pay 40-50 pesos for a brushing (shampoo, conditioner, blow dry and flat iron and maybe a little product). For a haircut, color, highlights, brushing and flat iron, I paid 152 pesos. Ask for Melqui or Mercedes.

I just got back from this salon and Mercedes cut my hair and I was very unhappy with the results. I asked for someone who knew how to cut curly hair and they obviously ignored me because she does not know how to work with curls or waves. I even bought a special book full of hairstyles and showed her exactly what I wanted (to avoid any communication problems). All I needed was a trim with long layers and side swept bangs. Just an update of what I already have. She cut my hair waaaaaay too short, completely messed up my layers and screwed up my bangs so bad, that it's going to take months for me to fix them. I SHOWED her side swept bangs and she gave me some funky, short 80's looking fringe that hung down to the front. And then when I called her on it and told her it was not what I wanted, she acted like all surprised. She DID NOT LISTEN TO ME. This is the first time I've left a salon without tipping and I would never go back. It was cheap, but I guess you get what you pay for. :mad:

rms81, please give Ryan a try. He is very good in what he does, color, highlight, cut or just a trim. My friend had the curliest hair you can imagine, and she walked out of his place very happy. Her husband went with her. And he has a policy that guarantee customer satisfaction - and I am one for absolute customer satisfaction or your money back.

Back