HAIRDRESSER RECO -- blonde from NYC

bmurphey

Registered
Hola BAexpats!

My husband and I recently moved here from the big apple, and am looking for some recommendations on hairdressers. I am certain there are tons of excellent salons here in the city, the problem is that I just don't know how to go about finding them??? AND, my biggest problem being that I "maintain" very BLONDE hair, and worse....I have a serious lack of Spanish (however learning).

Anyway, I am happy with Spanish or English speaking salons as long as they are good. And frankly with the prices that I (unfortunately) paid in Manhattan.....I am more than happy to pay the price as I am certain it's reasonable in comparison.

My color is the way more important than the cut. In fact, I've had my poor husband on the look out for any women (or men) that have blonde hair prepped to ask them where they get it done. And trust me, this is NOT my husband's area of expertise, so the fact that I have stooped that low is quite depressing.

The good news, I am headed back to New York City in a couple of weeks, so I can make it through another 8 weeks....after that I am screwed.

HELP!!! (and big thanks in advance!)

p.s. Just curious -- anyone gotten extensions here? They are soooo crazy expensive in the states, but I thought..."hey, if they are good and reasonable here - why not?"

Thanks Mimi.....I keep hearing of Ryan. Sounds like he is the guy to go to. I really appreciate your help!!! :)

I have blonde hair (naturally dark blonde which I get highlighted). After multiple hair disasters here with poorly-trained colourists (one of which gave me white-blonde streaks, making me look like a hideous strain of badger), I found Fabian at "Cool Cuts" who I've been going to now for the past 3/4 years and wouldn't see anyone else. He's just moved, however, to a new salon at Charcas 3364 (l haven't been there yet) - He didn't send me the name of the place, just the address. I'm not sure about his English...but I did notice that at Cool Cuts he had quite a few foreign (blonde) clients and heard from several places that it is one of the best places to go here for Colour (if you wanted to try someone besides Fabian).
Good luck!

I am a natural blond who likes to get natural highlights and after a couple of disasters as well I have found a great place on Gurruchaga and Costa Rica in Palermo Soho called Llongueras http://www.llongueras.com/. They are not cheap by Argy standards but they are very good. I have long hair and to have a cut, full colours with a couple of different blonds mixed through to create the natural look as well as some funky treatment, blow dry and style it is around $300 pesos. I hope that helps

Ashley and Deadlegs ----> THANK YOU!

Deadlegs - Do they speak English at Llonguaras? Is there anyone in particular that you recommend? By the way $300 pesos by NYC standards is a basement bargain!!!! I don't even want to share with the forum how much I paid....it's almost embarassing. And I am not certainly not weathy just an unfortunate slave to my blonde. AND pretty particular, so you have no idea how helpful everyone's input has been.

THANK YOU everyone!

Ashley - I will try to figure out the name of Fabian's new salon, but should you get it in the meantime, would you mind passing it along???

Either one of you ever get extensions? I never have as they are CRAZY expensive in the states, but thought it might be fun to do here if they are inexpensive in comparison. Just a fun thought.

Hi Bmurphy. I can't recommend anyone in particular that speaks English but I would be surprised if there isn't someone in there that does. The other option which worked for me when I first arrived is to take a photos of what you are aiming for with you then they can rely on that. Its true that prices here are much cheaper than NY and London. I used to have to pay around £120 back home. Good luck.

Hi, you might also want to try with Diego Impaggliazzo, he has a coffieur on Uriburu 1628. Teléfono: 4807-3005.
I worked with him for a Dove shampoo tv spot and I think he is one of the bests! he may be expensive though. you should call him and see.

Good luck!

Back