Happy 4th. of July/ Celebration Venues?

Remarks by Ambassador Marc Stanley at Independence Day Celebration

(As prepared for delivery)
Good evening. It is such a pleasure to welcome you all to Bosch Palace to celebrate America’s 246th birthday. Tonight’s event is particularly special because it is the first Independence Day celebration we have had here since 2019!

Thanks to the companies and everyone who helped make this celebration possible.

For Americans, July 4th is a day when families and friends gather for barbecues, parades, and fireworks to celebrate our country. It is also a good time to reflect on the founding principles of our country: equality, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. We are proud of these values. As I’ve travelled around Argentina, I’ve learned that Argentines share the same love for these values.

In fact, our countries share many more values: a respect for human rights, a commitment to protecting freedom of speech and religion, and an understanding that democracy, as fragile as it is, is the best form of government.

Like Argentina, the United States is a nation of immigrants. We are a multifaceted country known for our cultural diversity. Few American cities exemplify this more than New Orleans. Famous for its jazz music, Cajun food, and lively Mardi Gras celebrations, this city is a window into our great nation. This is one of the reasons we decided to celebrate the city of New Orleans this evening. I hope you enjoy it!

My wife Wendy and I are so very happy to be with you all today. Thank you for joining us as we celebrate the spirit of America, we have a wonderful program prepared for you including a video of fireworks from around America and some live jazz music. Let’s get the show started!

Happy Independence Day!

Ribs al rio might offer something since they do texas style BBQ

Back