Happy 4th of July

Ernie

Registered
How strange, I just noticed that no one has wished Americans a Happy 4th of July! So here it goes:
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY PEOPLE!!!
Enjoy your holiday!!
Cheers
Ernie

well here I am again, just could not resist it! and I am here mainly to respond to this wonderful gentleman Ernie.
I personally enjoy july 4th because I get fed by all my American friends (not this year though as am curently in BA) and am happy to partake in their feast even though as a brit one must not forget it is a celebration of the yankies kicking our big british arses.
So I too alongside my dear Argentine friend Ernie ( a true specimen of Argentine class) would like to wish all the yankies a very happy 4th of July

The fireworks tonight will be great. People are just glad to be at home prepping the barbeque coals, cooling the beers and will watch baseball this afternoon - GRRREAT! To anyone reading this, please drink responsibly and choose a designated driver.

Dear Auntieapple,I'm blushing, you are being too kind. Your praise is undeserved.I remain your most obedient servant,Ernie

Happy 4th of July. I will be cooking some special meal tonight ( it is kind of cold for a bbq and beer here in BA, but some roasted chicken and potatoes with cheddar cheese should do it :) It is a shame that there are no get togethers among expats for this date :p

Syngirl, when you come back to the US try picking up a Heinz ORGANIC ketchup. It is made in Canada. 100% tomato. I am sure you will like it.
Nikad, I think next year we really have to do something about this 4th of July celebration. If Thanksgiving is too hot for turkey and 4th of July too cold for barbeque could we switch the dates for (since we cannot do anything about the weather) and still get to celebrate both. You decide, coz if we have takers I will plan my next trip back to the US and make a grocery list to fit the 2 occassions. What do you think? OK peanut butter included. For Peanut Butter cookies.

"Grazie" said:
Nikad, I think next year we really have to do something about this 4th of July celebration. If Thanksgiving is too hot for turkey and 4th of July too cold for barbeque could we switch the dates for (since we cannot do anything about the weather) and still get to celebrate both. You decide, coz if we have takers I will plan my next trip back to the US and make a grocery list to fit the 2 occassions. What do you think? OK peanut butter included. For Peanut Butter cookies.
Sounds like a good plan, hehe, count me in :) It really is not fun roasting the bird in summer - I already did it 4 times and omgggggggg!!! PB cookies yum yum :)

Happy 4th of July, everyone! Eat, drink and be merry!

Is there anything going on in BsAs for the 9th of July? A parade or something? Just wanting to compare and contrast.

Hello there sushiloveinfun,Not a lot happens around here on Independence Day, I'm afraid. Not since K took over, anyway. That's another benefit we can thank him for. We used to have a nice, though austere, celebration, which basically consisted of a parade down Avenida de Mayo. Quite cheerful. Not anymore. He now runs to Tucumán just to get away from the Tedeum at Metropolitan Cathedral in Plaza de Mayo... He usually gets a mouthful from the Archbishop, which he doesn't really enjoy. You see, it's the only time someone gets to tell him what's wrong without giving hin a chance to talk back. :))

Back