Happy Independence Day!

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
For many Americans, Independence Day means picnics, hot dogs and hamburgers, potato salad, and fireworks. For others, it means the freedom to choose one's destiny, to go where one pleases, and the opportunity to improve the standard of living for our families without the interference of oppressive governments.

As I watch the news today it looks like the people of the world are having enough of governments that pursue objectives that are not in the collective interests of THE PEOPLE; eg. Brazil, Egypt, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen, Lybia, Morrocco, Jordan, Iraq, Kuwait, Algeria, Sudan, and Bahrain. Good for them!

Here is to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness no matter from what country, race, or religion you are. And a special salute to all veterans who've sacrificed so others can have the same!

*raising my beer*

GS

Nice one.
I would add its not just governments forcing their view on the masses, more a powerful elite that includes governments, big business and the super rich all in it together.

Good to see an ex colony do well ;)

11Z6nlI.jpg

Every July 4, the British quietly celebrate Experiment Day. It is the anniversary of the decision to allow the American colonies to establish “independence.” This masquerade commenced the greatest social experiment in human history, one that has run for more than two hundred years.

Allowing the colonies to overrun an immense landmass scattershot with areas utterly unfit for human habitation and watching them amass astonishing wealth and industrial power has in fact led them to provide the United Kingdom with the longest-running free comedy show of all time.

Here’s to you, our colonial dancing monkies. Happy Experiment Day.

http://warren-ellis.livejournal.com/74051.html

:lol:

Back