Happy Valentine´s Day...well, sort of...

steveinbsas

Registered
Since today is Valentine´s Day in the USA, I thought I´d share the only song I've ever heard about this bogus holiday.

I first heard it a few weeks ago when I woke up about 2 AM and the power was out (a rare event where I live in Buenos Aires).

As I always do, I turned on my portable radio to be sure the power was still on in the general area (as opposed to a major outage that might last more than an hour or two).

One of the songs I listened to during the outage was this one:

I used my cell phone to identify the song. I had no idea what it was about.

The following morning I found it on youtube.

I could hardly stop laughing as I read the lyrics while listening to the song!

PS: I do feel sorry for those who feel the way the singer does...well, sort of..

Last edited:
Since today is Valentine´s Day in the USA, I thought I´d share the only song I've ever heard about this bogus holiday.

I first heard it a few weeks ago when I woke up about 2 AM and the power was out (a rare event where I live in Buenos Aires).

As I always do, I turned on my portable radio to be sure the power was still on in the general area (as opposed to a major outage that might last more than an hour or two).

One of the songs I listened to during the outage was this one:

I used my cell phone to identify the song. I had no idea what it was about.

The following morning I found it on youtube.

I could hardly stop laughing as I read the lyrics while listening to the song!

PS: I do feel sorry for those who feel the way the singer does...well, sort of..
One of my favorite bachata songs, people do not pay atention to the lyrics when they dance :) Most gringos do not know anyway.

Back