Hard time making real friends

deeve007

Registered
I've been to Spanglish maybe 4 or 5 times, and every time I hung around afterwards and chatted to a few people where there wasn't a time limit, a couple who became friends for the time they were here. As with most things, you make the most of the opportunity if you choose to.

Sutterek

Registered
I was introduced to Spanglish but have never gone. I appreciate the reviews both good and bad so I can set up expectations. It seemed a little pressure to talk to many people in a short time but I should try. Can someone suggest if Sugar is a good first place to start for Spanglish or if you have a preferred locale. I live in Barrio Norte.

Empshel

Registered
I've been going to Spanglish the past few weeks and I really enjoy it. I think it's possible to make friends there as well. Friday, after Spanglish, a bunch of us went out afterwards for some pizza and I met and hung out with some cool locals.

I usually go on Tuesdays and Fridays. Tuesdays at Sugar is a Pub Quiz, so it's a little different. You spend about an hour-and-a-half with the same three or four people answering questions. I enjoy it, but if pub quizzes aren't your thing, you may have a different opinion. Fridays is at Sabbia in Recoleta and might work out well for you since you live in Barrio Norte. It's the traditional speed-datingish type of Spanglish, but it's usually packed and a lot of people hang out for awhile afterwards so you can spend more time with folks.

Hope this helps.

ellbee

Registered
I am on the same boat. Its hard to make friends here. I only know or i am acquainted with my husbands friends but I would like to make my own friends.
I seriously dislike the whole clubbing idea....I've been there, done that when I was in my 20s and I rather just sit at a pub with friends and have a conversation ....or maybe go shopping, check out a band, plays, new restaurants, etc.

callmecarrie

Registered
Hi guys! I am brand new to Buenos Aires and would love to make some new friends, too. Sutterek and ellbee - I agree with you about the clubbing and finding people our own age and/or interests. I might look into Spanglish, but I don't want feel like I'm speed dating. I just want to meet and get to know good people. Let's set something up! :)

deeve007

Registered
I might look into Spanglish, but I don't want feel like I'm speed dating.
Unless your usual speed dating involves men & women of all ages it won't.

An open mind will also help you find friends in new cities.

Sutterek

Registered
I will be in the neighborhood near Sugar tonight so I am going to stop by to check out the Spanglish event. Unfortunately I won't be there until 8:30 pm so won't be able to join a team but want to see how it works. The trivia game sounds like fun and the food at Sugar looks good to try.

For tomorrow, I work near the Indie Bar so that could be fun to actually attend. I have an open mind but can be shy in group situations so Spanglish did not immediately jump to mind plus I didn't know any of the locations but I am ready to take the chance.

Thanks for the suggestion and I will let you know how it goes.

BA_local

Registered
Hey Guys,

I'm a local here in BA and have gone to spanglish a few times, I always have a great time there, but I've never been to the quiz thing yet. I'll go with a friend tonight so maybe we'll meet.

If anyone needs any advise/tip, just PM me and I'll be glad to help you.

Saludoss.

Sutterek

Registered
I joined last week and I am so thankful for all the new contacts I have made in just one week. I have much more hope for my time here and looking forward to fun times with new friends that are like me. Thanks :)