Has The Water Shortage Affected You?

DontMindMe

Registered
I popped down to the panadería at 9 this morning and found the encargada taping up a notice telling the building to conserve water. Hay una bajante en el Río de la Plata, she said, adding that we needed to use the smallest amount of water possible since all we have left for the building is what's in the tank. The pipes can't pull in anymore water. Here is an article I found from Clarín: http://www.clarin.com/capital_federal/bajante-Rio_de_la_Plata-falta-agua_0_1170483181.html

I Googled but can't find any articles in English, sorry.

Apparently strong winds caused this, and the neighborhoods most affected are Palermo, Devoto, Caballito, and Floresta. I'm in Almagro and we're affected, too. How are things in your building/neighborhood? My crazy neighbor lady is screaming downstairs, so I'm guessing she just found out. I did notice when I showered this morning that the pressure was a bit low and I had to use only hot water to get it to a decent temperature.

I popped down to the panadería at 9 this morning and found the encargada taping up a notice telling the building to conserve water. Hay una bajante en el Río de la Plata, she said, adding that we needed to use the smallest amount of water possible since all we have left for the building is what's in the tank. The pipes can't pull in anymore water. Here is an article I found from Clarín: http://www.clarin.co...1170483181.html

I Googled but can't find any articles in English, sorry.

Apparently strong winds caused this, and the neighborhoods most affected are Palermo, Devoto, Caballito, and Floresta. I'm in Almagro and we're affected, too. How are things in your building/neighborhood? My crazy neighbor lady is screaming downstairs, so I'm guessing she just found out. I did notice when I showered this morning that the pressure was a bit low and I had to use only hot water to get it to a decent temperature.

Conserving water is always a good idea.

Glasgow shower?

Would that be the one I had when i changed my semmit last month?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Glasgow+Shower
Glasgow Shower
To bath in deoderent or anti-perspirant.
either done in the morning naked or fully clothed when the can is inserted into the clothing and sprayed about a bit.
It was late on a friday and lil jimmy didnt have time to shower, so he banged out the lynx and had a glasgow shower instead. the ladys where none the wiser

Glasgow Shower
Two quick bursts of deodorant under each armpit. As favoured by men who are in too much of a hurry to use a H2O equivalent.
Hamish I will be with you in a second, I'm just gonna put a t-shirt over my overalls and have a quick Glasgow shower.

:lol:

No water here, either - in provincia.

I read the first line in the original post as "I pooped..." and I was like, oh no! good luck with that.

If I had known I would have filled the bathtub with water, but at least we have drinking water.

No water in San Telmo. cut out as husband was showering (with shampoo in hair). called building admin, said it was citywide, bought two bidones of drinking water. We have two bidones filled with tap water for cleaning, etc always on hand, but if this doesn´t get fixed by tomorrow we are all sh-t out of luck!

Rio de la Plata is weird like that. It's one of those anomalies of tidal movements that is very much affected by the wind conditions.
High tide was at around 2:50pm today, low tide will be around 10pm, the wind is westerly now but begins to shift to northerly around 6pm... by tonight, and later tomorrow things will be getting back to normal. The wind will be pushing easterly for the next few days.

No water in San Telmo. cut out as husband was showering (with shampoo in hair). called building admin, said it was citywide, bought two bidones of drinking water. We have two bidones filled with tap water for cleaning, etc always on hand, but if this doesn´t get fixed by tomorrow we are all sh-t out of luck!

Literally.

Back