Having A Baby Here

Newexpat1985

Registered
Iam a tourist here and iam going to have a baby in 2 weeks ....any suggestions regarding the hospitals ..... ive checked the german hospital they asked for 6500 us dollars ...any other choice ....ive check two public hospitals but I wasnt comfortable because of grafetti on the wall ,brocken windows ...plz help

Bottom line, don't give birth in a public hospital. Pay for private. Usually you can sign up for private medical insurance for you and the baby, even as late as one month before you give birth, (I did this at Hospital Aleman just last year) but it's a little late for that--so just bite the bullet and pay. The nurses will still be absolute crap, but the doctors are very good, so it's worth it.

What a strange subject to troll. :huh:

Bottom line, don't give birth in a public hospital. Pay for private. Usually you can sign up for private medical insurance for you and the baby, even as late as one month before you give birth, (I did this at Hospital Aleman just last year) but it's a little late for that--so just bite the bullet and pay. The nurses will still be absolute crap, but the doctors are very good, so it's worth it.

What a strange subject to troll. :huh:

Whether op is a troll or not saying 'Bottom line, don't give birth in a public maternity hospital' is not helpful in general. Some are dire some are really not bad - clean with all the facilities you need. During and after the birth of ours there was a whole group of doctors, midwifes, nurses, officials coming and going doing their specific tasks and mostly doing them well and with consideration so it felt pretty thorough. I was quite impressed.

In a clean well equipped well staffed public m hospital perhaps the only big disadvantage to private is that you wouldn't have the privacy as you'd almost certainly have to share a room with another mother. If you are in for just one night not a big deal but a few days it could get very tiring! That would be the thing to ponder the most perhaps...

Whether op is a troll or not saying 'Bottom line, don't give birth in a public maternity hospital' is not helpful in general. Some are dire some are really not bad - clean with all the facilities you need. During and after the birth of ours there was a whole group of doctors, midwifes, nurses, officials coming and going doing their specific tasks and mostly doing them well and with consideration so it felt pretty thorough. I was quite impressed.

In a clean well equipped well staffed public m hospital perhaps the only big disadvantage to private is that you wouldn't have the privacy as you'd almost certainly have to share a room with another mother. If you are in for just one night not a big deal but a few days it could get very tiring! That would be the thing to ponder the most perhaps...

Hey, everyone is different with their own levels of preference in medical care. "Really not bad" hospitalization while giving birth in a foreign country might be fine for some women...

Back