Having a baby in Argentina

satoko

Registered
Hi

I have been researching but still not clear, please give me some advices.

I found that I am pregnant just before moving to Argentina, I am still in Japan. I got a job in Buenos Aires, so if I was not pregnant, I was planning to work for a company in Buenos Aires and get insurance from there.

The company just told me that they would take some more time for applying my visa or stuff (they have to register their company to hire foreigners etc) so the comapny asked mex to wait few more months, which means when they are ready, I will be about giving birth and can't work much.

So what I am thinking now is

- cancel the job (so no insurance from the company, no inccome for a while)
- move to argentina as soon as possible
- learn spanish and setting up life there
- giving birth in Argentina

The problem is that I already know I am pregnant so it's too late to get insurance which covers pregnancy. Insurances in Japan doesn't cover pregnancy! I have BUPA from Thailand and it covers worldwide but my plan doesn't cover pregnancy.

Queestion

- I have heard that public hospitals are open for expats as well, how is it like?
- If I give a birth at private hospital without insurance, how much does it cost?
- Is it easy to find a maid/baby sitters and how much does it cost?

Thank you in advance ;)

satoko said:
Muchas gracias nikad!

I am going to read through the blog ;)
Also, if you pay for the months that you have been pregnant, some private insurances will take you ( Like Galeno, Hospital Aleman for instance ) You have to call them and discuss it. Public Hospitals for giving birth wouldn´t be my first choice... Drs are good, but they are not very nice and everything is shared.

Thank you nikad ;)

I am finally in Buenos Aires and trying to get myself covered in some way.

So there are private insurance and also some plans which private hospital offer. If I get the one from the hospital, it can be covered at the specific hospital, only.

Is my understanding correct?

Having the baby in Argentina makes your immigration situation simplier because you can apply for permanent residency or citizenship straight. Regards

satoko said:
Thank you nikad ;)

I am finally in Buenos Aires and trying to get myself covered in some way.

So there are private insurance and also some plans which private hospital offer. If I get the one from the hospital, it can be covered at the specific hospital, only.

Is my understanding correct?

That is correct! Good luck hunting for insurance :)

If you can get galeno, I'd really recommend it. Hospital Trinidad is amazing.

Back