Heading back to BA with renewed visa

SecretShopper

Registered
Soooo. What I miss these last 5 months? I haven't kept up on anything lol. But randomly decided to try to renew my visa and it went through.

Soooo. What I miss these last 5 months?
Just go shopping, Secret, and you will discover how much less your dollars will buy today than five months ago.

PS: Though the percentage of price increases will vary from one item to another, perhaps you should prepare yourself for some "sticker shock."

Last edited:
Just go shopping, Secret, and you will discover how much less your dollars will buy today than five months ago.

PS: Though the percentage of price increases will vary from one item to another, perhaps you should prepare yourself for some "sticker shock."
Living off of US dollars really eases the pain of price increases here. I find it aggravating that the old expression of nickeling and diming you to death applies here. I buy IVESS soda water at a local Chinese. One month ago it was 150 pesos. Two weeks ago 160 pesos and yesterday 180 pesos. In dollars it's bupkis but it's like torture by a thousand cuts.

Honestly, the inflation in food prices is starting to pinch, for me.

The weird part is, meat prices at my local carnicería are staying the same or going up very slowly, while everything at the Carrefour goes up from one day to the next.

Not to mention, I paid rent yesterday, and expensas were waaaayyy up, as in 35%. To be fair, that includes the gas and electric, which may be a big part of it, but it's still unpleasant.

We saw this before, in the last two years of Macri's regime, where the prices went up and up, while the number of pesos we got for each dollar stayed the same or inched up in tiny increments. Ah, the expat life!

What I miss these last 5 months?
Five months ago the inflation rate was 58%.

Now it's 88%

A 50% price increase would be a reflection of the increase in the rate of inflation, but I have seen prices on some goods more than double in the past five months.

I'll be back witha few examples of items I purchased five months ago that have more or less doubled in price since then,

Soooo. What I miss these last 5 months? I haven't kept up on anything lol. But randomly decided to try to renew my visa and it went through.
Secret! Great timing. Check the other threads. Someone just asked about student visa issues.

Secret! Great timing. Check the other threads. Someone just asked about student visa issues.
What a crazy timing coincidence lol. I'll have to respond a little later. Just boarded a million hour flight from New Zealand to Miami.

Five months ago the inflation rate was 58%.

Now it's 88%

A 50% price increase would be a reflection of the increase in the rate of inflation, but I have seen prices on some goods more than double in the past five months.

I'll be back witha few examples of items I purchased five months ago that have more or less doubled in price since then,
There is practically nothing you could have purchased months ago that would be less expensive now. Literally nothing. Even one week old fish.

Back