Health Insurance for Old Gringos

Edmund Pickett

Registered
I'm 62 and just got married to an Argentine. She says none of the obras sociales (health insurance plans) here will accept me because of my age. I figured that they would but for a higher price. Anyone have experience in this area?
I have a plan in the US but I thought there might be a lower cost alternative here, since medical costs are lower here.

I'm 62 and just got married to an Argentine. She says none of the obras sociales (health insurance plans) here will accept me because of my age. I figured that they would but for a higher price.

from what i understand that law has been changed, so, unless i am wrong, there is no more age restriction.

Medicus does not charge extra...at least to 65...perhaps 70. I'll send you a PM regarding an expat group plan that offers a substantial discount. Be sure you have PM enabled.

Reactions: DJP
Steve is correct.
I just made an inquiry today
The rate is the same until you are 70 but you have to be younger than 64 and six months to sign up.

Edmund. I have the info you need but cannot send it until you enable your private messages.

PS: You're not a "gringo" here.

You can get Hospital Italiano no problem until you are 75

nikad said:
You can get Hospital Italiano no problem until you are 75

That's great information. Do you know the rates?

In November 2010 I was paying about $450 pesos per month for the TOP Medicus plan. Today it's $665 pesos per month (with the expat discount). There's no deductible for any medical services but I pay 50% of the cost of prescriptions.

How do I enable personal messages? Is that the same as instant messaging? I don't normally use any of that. I'm new to this forum. And why am I not a gringo here?

steveinbsas said:
Medicus does not charge extra...at least to 65...perhaps 70. I'll send you a PM regarding an expat group plan that offers a substantial discount. Be sure you have PM enabled.
Would you be so kind as to send me the link also. Thanks

Edmund Pickett said:
How do I enable personal messages? Is that the same as instant messaging? I don't normally use any of that. I'm new to this forum. And why am I not a gringo here?

You would be a Gringo in Mexico

In Argentina you are a Yanki.

I've been both and I'm not insulted (in the least) by either term.

Go to user CP (control panel) to enable PM (it's not the same thing as IM).

When it is enabled all I have to do is click on your username and the drop down menu gives me the option of sending you a PM.

Back