Healthcare/health insurance for expats?

albrightjl

Registered
Hi all,
I introduced myself awhile ago on the newcomers forum, but I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I would introduce myself again.
My name is Jennifer and my husband and I are considering living in BA for approximately a year to learn Spanish and learn about the culture.
Can anyone please tell me what type of healthcare options are available to expats? Could we get health insurance or dental insurance there? We will probably go to the doctor 1-2 times (maybe) and need to go to the dentist once, but it is nice to have insurance incase of an emergency.
Do you have any recommendations for us? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Jennifer

Yes, you can get private health insurance. Some of the best are OMINT, MEDICUS, SWISS MEDICAL, BRITISH HOSPITAL. The cost will be quite low compared to the US, though expensive on the local economy.

My name is Aurora Couretot and I am a Medical Broker for Swiss Medical Group. Please contact me at [email protected] for further information ,I will be very pleased to help you.

If you're looking for a good insurance plan and a really nice person who can sign you up, I would recommend the woman who signed us up for Medicus. Her name is Beatriz. I am now more than four months pregnant and she took it in to consideration that we would be trying to get pregnant, were also needing to travel in and out of the country, and wanted an affordable but excellent coverage. I have been nothing but thrilled with our plan, our coverage, and the insurance in general.I've referred a couple of people to her, expats and an Argentine friend and all have been as happy as me. If you want more information feel free to email me at [email protected]'ve also posted about her in my blog and have her contact info there. I won't recommend someone unless I feel they are going to provide excellent customer service and in her case she treats you like gold.Laura

Thank you very much for all of your suggestions. My husband and I are thinking about coming to BA in September. I really appreciate all of the great information on this forum.
Jennifer

I forgot to add, that our insurance includes dental as well. we chose the second highest plan available and are paying 516 pesos per month (no deduc no copay).Laura

Dear Jennifer,
Ragarding Medical Insurance from Swiss Medical Group I want to suggest that when you come to Argentina you could phone me to my cell mumber 15 6180 1556 and we could make an appointment in order to visit you and give you all the information personally or if you preferr we can meet at my office.
Hope to hear from you soon ,
Aurora Couretot e-mail [email protected]

Back