Heeeeeeelllp !!!!!

Fabe

Registered
Hi ,
Hoping i can get some help.
Im refurbishing my house after having taken it back from usurpadores. As you can imagine the scumbags , upon being notified about the pending eviction completely vandalised the crap out of it.
The ( present) problem i have is that i have a crafstman screwgun whose battery charger went the way of the voltage spike.
I cannot acccuire a replacement in argentina , I COULD order one from the states but Im oh so sure some maggot from aduana is probably going to want to finance his summer vacation with the coima they are going to want to extort from me .
I have 2 options :
Ask this forums' community if they would be nice enough to bring me a replacement from sears ( I would prepay it ) or the other option is the same , but purchasing it in brazil.
My stay here has been a parade of disapointments, no , leaving will not solve anything, the prevalent mediocraty corruption and incompetence wil no disapear if I leave.
PLEASE HELP !
Best to all and seasons greetings

Went the way of the voltage spike as in:

is now a heap of melted plastic?

has blown some components inside and is effectively dead?

Argentine repair guys are genius at resourcefulness and if there's anything left of it and it can be repaired, they'll find a way to repair it. I think a local repair is going to cost you a lot less than shipping a new one in from wherever.

Congrats on getting your place back! That is a fairly remarkable feat in itself.

Go to "la casa del transformador", it s at Parana at 300 more or less. They produce here all kind of replacements.
Regards

I'm going to Brasil on Wed leaving my Recoleta apt at noon. I will return around Feb 1. PM if you want me to look for one in Rio.

elhombresinnombre said:
Went the way of the voltage spike as in:

is now a heap of melted plastic?

has blown some components inside and is effectively dead?

Argentine repair guys are genius at resourcefulness and if there's anything left of it and it can be repaired, they'll find a way to repair it. I think a local repair is going to cost you a lot less than shipping a new one in from wherever.

Hi ,
Thanks for the advice. I hate sounding like a humbug , but argentine repair guys are the opposite of resoursefull.
Mending isnt the same as repairing. Ive been that route. ony made me angry to see things "repaired" with baling wire.

AngelinBA said:
Congrats on getting your place back! That is a fairly remarkable feat in itself.

Although it HAS been an ordeal , it was less than remarkable.
What was remarkable were the dozens of lawyers that chose to steer me down the wrong path.
The old addage " There is noone as misinformed as the well informed" rings so true here.
If anyone is looking to recover a property that has been outright stolen or squatted on , contact me . I amassed nothing short of a doctorate on this issue. First lesson . LEARN THE LAW FROM THE PRIME SOURCE , READ IT YOURSELF. and TAKE CHARGE OF THE LAWSUIT, TRUST NO LAWYER !.
I have been told hundreds of excuses , usually followed by " well , we are gonna need more money .
PM me and Ill hopefully be of help

scarface said:
I'm going to Brasil on Wed leaving my Recoleta apt at noon. I will return around Feb 1. PM if you want me to look for one in Rio.
Thank you ! , sounds like a plan . PM me so I can SMS you with the details.
Best,
Fabe

Bajo_cero2 said:
Go to "la casa del transformador", it s at Parana at 300 more or less. They produce here all kind of replacements.
Regards
been there
arrogant dude that boasted they had EVERYTHING. everything except what i was looking for , got offended when i told him he aparrantly DIDNT have everything. He was willing to get me he power supply , if i purchased 100 of them . the other option he gave me was to rewire it , but he would not garantee the voltage ...... so much for the casa del transformador.
thanks for helping tho

Well, to rewire it sounds ok. They just replace the same amount of wire. It's good enough. Regards

Back