Hello everyone!

m0r1arty

Registered
Hi there, have just recently arrived here having spent some time in South East Asia and am getting round to understanding the general culture and day-to-day running of life.

I look forward to being an active, and eventually useful, member of this community and have already gained lots through reading existing threads here - so thank you!

Out of curiosity my main focus today was to extract money from my local bank (Santander Rio). I went, during the busy morning period, and had some sort of tit-for-tat with the ATM before receiving a 'Verificacion de datos erronea' receipt and my card back.

I realise that this means some sort of data was incorrect within my initial transaction - does anyone know where I can find an English language interface either close to home (Quilmes) or at a well known BA location?

Also, daily limits is something I've read lots about - are they imposed on local accounts and if so what are they (And in which amount should I try and reach them)?

Thanks very much in advance for any and all help with this!

-m0r

m0r1arty said:
Hi there, have just recently arrived here having spent some time in South East Asia and am getting round to understanding the general culture and day-to-day running of life.

I look forward to being an active, and eventually useful, member of this community and have already gained lots through reading existing threads here - so thank you!

Out of curiosity my main focus today was to extract money from my local bank (Santander Rio). I went, during the busy morning period, and had some sort of tit-for-tat with the ATM before receiving a 'Verificacion de datos erronea' receipt and my card back.

I realise that this means some sort of data was incorrect within my initial transaction - does anyone know where I can find an English language interface either close to home (Quilmes) or at a well known BA location?

Also, daily limits is something I've read lots about - are they imposed on local accounts and if so what are they (And in which amount should I try and reach them)?

Thanks very much in advance for any and all help with this!

-m0r
welcome
try 1000 pesos at a time.

Try HSBC, I have found they ask if you prefer English or Spanish with my non-local (US or Indian) ATM card. Also, sometimes the ATMs don't have enough cash so like M said, try smaller withdrawal amounts.

I don't know if you speak and read spanish well, but I had a terrible time with my bank card at first. I found out I was just pushing the wrong button on the machine. DUH! Sometimes it's the simple things that mess ya up! ;) However, my bank does ot offer english on the machines.

The error messages from the ATMs are seemingly random. It can tell you that your bank rejected the transaction or that you are over your daily limit, when in reality it is the machine that is empty.

Banelco at HSBC asks which language you prefer. I haven't tried any other ATM machines here. If you don't know what they call "English" here, it looks like "INGLES". ;)

Thanks so much guys!

Seems there was a part where it was asking me for the back-end of an ID number I didn't have on me. I thought it was just offering alternative amounts due to it not having correct notes in it (The numbers were very odd though - I should have picked up on it, but busy bank at the time).

Pretty sure I'll get it correct next time *Cross fingers*

Cheers again for all your advise!

-m0r

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Newcomers Forum 9
A Newcomers Forum 1
J Newcomers Forum 1
L Newcomers Forum 0
Valentina Newcomers Forum 4
Back