Hello, I'm a new member.

Casa Mun

Registered
Hello all -- I am new to BsAs and this group.

I am originally from Seoul, Korea, but lived in NYC and LA since 1984. In the economic downturn, I pursued my life long passion of becoming a classically trained Asian/Sushi Chef.

I came to BsAs to open a closed door restaurant featuring Japanese, Korean & Chinese cuisines. I hope to open in Summer/Fall 2011. I have a temporary website at www.CasaMun.com.

Please say hello -- I am looking to meet new friends!

Welcome to our community Mun. I want to say thank you for the wonderful meal last night and look forward to your next meal in the new location in Palermo Viejo.

Just thinking about the food from last night makes my mouth water:)

Welcome to Baires Mun, I wish you all the best in your new enterprise, variety of food and tastes are well needed in this country and certainly long overdue.

I can cite others parts of the world in which did apply the same circumstances as Perry probably knows.

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for saying hello!

My promise is to provide Asian and California cuisine made with the highest quality ingredients available. Think sushi, sashimi, dim sum, bibimbab, tempura, and Korean BBQ. All paired with fine wines and excellent service.

All my best, Chef Mun

Welcome!
I hope you are already acquainted with our large Korean community here!
Good luck :)

Hi So Lovely,

Thanks for saying hello -- I've made some great new Korean friends here in BsAs. If you are interested in the new Koreatown below is a short list of suggestions as well as some pictures.

All my best, Chef Mun

Photos of the New Koreatown: http://picasaweb.google.com/CasaMunBA/Avellaneda#

t seems almost everybody knows of or has been to Barrio Chino. I myself buy a lot of ingredients there on the weekdays (it's a complete mob scene on the weekends). But for the more adventurous types, I can recommend an excursion to this city's new "Koreatown." It's in the Floresta neighborhood near Avenida Avellaneda. This broad avenue hosts a thriving wholesale clothing and apparel market and many of the stores will sell to the public as well. If they don't, they have a sign saying "solo mayor". This could be a definite plus and another part of the adventure.

The Korean markets, restaurant and shops are a few streets away on Moron street between Campana and Bahia Blanca. In general, Korean food is fresher and cheaper here than Barrio Chino. I buy these things here: Korean miso and hot paste, hot pepper flakes, sesame oil, Korean ramen, soy bean sprouts, tofu, garlic stems, Korean wontons, meat for Korean BBQ, variety of soy sauces etc. My favorite Korean market is Jung Ang Foodstore and the address is Campana 627. If they don't have what you need, just ask and they will get it from another store or Mercado Central. The Lims provide a very personal service and their son, Leo, also speaks perfect English. The Lims go to Mercado Central 3 times a week at 4 AM to buy fresh vegetables and fruits. Also on the same street is a Korean restaurant, Kil Jung, recommended by several Koreans, including the Lims.

Back