Hello! US gal looking to move to BA!

Alex_BA

Registered
Hello,

I have 20 years experience in wine and hospitality working in Cincinnati, New York and Oregon. I am looking to move to BA asap. I am here to ask for any tips on finding work and getting a sponsor/work visa figured out. Also, looking for a place to live/roommate situation, if anyone has any leads!

Looking forward to becoming a part of the expat community in BA!

Have you done a very thorough financial assessment of working in BA? I moved to BA from Cincinnati after I retired, and was not compelled to earn a living. I don't know what your age is, but getting 50 years of SSA income history, and decades of contributions to 401k/IRA made life in BA possible for me. If you have not locked down a bulletproof monthly income, you may have challenges getting legal residency. Others on this forum will have their own take. Have you lived and worked overseas before?

Getting visa sponsorship is difficult, more so in hospitality I would imagine. If you have a lot of wine knowledge maybe a good route would be looking for wine exporters in BA. I know there are some companies that offer wine tasting experiences too, potentially looking down those avenues would be helpful. Jobs in hospitality (i.e., hotels, restaurants, bars) tend to pay quite low in Argentina and employees are generally paid in cash, so getting sponsorship in those areas is quite unlikely in my opinion.

Hello,

I have 20 years experience in wine and hospitality working in Cincinnati, New York and Oregon. I am looking to move to BA asap. I am here to ask for any tips on finding work and getting a sponsor/work visa figured out. Also, looking for a place to live/roommate situation, if anyone has any leads!

By coincidence I posted today about a vineyard an hour north of Buenos Aires city, @bodegagamboa. I suspect they were a bit challenged in the English department (lots of Brazilian Portuguese though). Apart from that, there are a lot of "estancias" in the countryside surrounding BA. In CABA itself there are a lot of events that need event planners. I am not knowledgeable in the area but I suspect there might be opportunities.

Hello,

How's your Spanish..?

Back