Hello

SingForAbsolution

Registered
I studied in Buenos Aires for 5 months last year and often lurked around on this site. It looks like I'll be returning in July for another semester, so I figured this time I'll actually register and participate somewhat.

My hobbies include drinking wine, combing the city for spicy food, and falling asleep on the colectivo only to end up lost in the province.

Any other students or anyone that would want to hang out with a 22 year old "shankee" when I get there, avisame si querés.

Saludos!

As someone who looks very much like the gringo I am, I won't be joining you in falling asleep on any public transport (not that the province scares me, the first three times I visited BA I stayed out near Morón), but wine and spicy food? Now you're talking. I cook some of the latter, you're welcome to get in touch.

That's awesome! Where do you get your ingredients? I only managed to find 1 type of hot peppers in the bolivian barrio way out in Liniers. The jalapeños in the chinatown shops don't cut it for me :/

It's not super-spicy! But there's chili sauce available in some supermarkets, which is meant as a condiment I think but I cook with a generous portion of it. And they sell the real things in San Telmo market too. I do need to get up to the barrio chino and have a root around as well though.

Back