Help: Certified copy of marriage certificate?

CheCheChe

Registered
Hi all,

I'm a long-time lurker here, a regular visitor to Buenos Aires but I live in Europe. I'm married to an Argentinian woman who I'm currently separated from and in the process of trying to divorce on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour. I say "trying" because she has the marriage certificate and won't hand it over so I can initiate proceedings.

My solicitor said I need a certified copy of it in that case. I've been trying to acquire one from overseas and the embassy here referred me to hiring a "gestor" but the ones I have tried have been very unresponsive. Is that expected or are things still shut down because of the pandemic? Can anyone recommend a good one or is there another way I can get a certified copy of my marriage certificate?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I'm a long-time lurker here, a regular visitor to Buenos Aires but I live in Europe. I'm married to an Argentinian woman who I'm currently separated from and in the process of trying to divorce on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour. I say "trying" because she has the marriage certificate and won't hand it over so I can initiate proceedings.

My solicitor said I need a certified copy of it in that case. I've been trying to acquire one from overseas and the embassy here referred me to hiring a "gestor" but the ones I have tried have been very unresponsive. Is that expected or are things still shut down because of the pandemic? Can anyone recommend a good one or is there another way I can get a certified copy of my marriage certificate?

Thanks in advance.

Partidas Digitales: Son válidas para todos tus trámites. Se encuentran disponibles sólo Partidas de Capital Federal y Salta. El envío es sólo por E-mail Más información

TusPartidas.com 2018. La forma simple y rápida para tus trámites del Registro Civil.
Centro de Ayuda WhatsApp: 54 11 5717 6730 (lunes a viernes de 9 a 14 horas). Visita nuestro Facebook aquí

Also, you can apply for Uni-lateral divorce, which means you don't need permission from your wife, basis the Argentine divorce law.

Also, you can have someone apply for the marriage certificate at registry or you apply online if you have at least a photocopy of the original showing the date, the court number and other codes to apply online. It will arrive on your email. You can send it to your attorney. via email he can get the apostle done at " colegio de los escribanos" and even apply for your divorce on your behalf. You can send him power of attorney to do so by preparing the document at embassy of Argentina in your home country. Once the divorce is done, ask your attorney, to get the "margin" column on the marriage certificate completed at the registry. Most lawyers fail to do this step. Without this step, your divorce is not 100% complete as far as the govt. is concerned. Once margin is completed, you again apply for new marriage certificate and ask you attorney to get the apostle done for you and send you by fedex. Then you are done and you can use it in your home country, if it is a member of apostle convention.

Back