"help, I Need Somebody, No Not Just Anybody"

John Doe

Registered
As a staunch U.S. Conservative voter (possibly the only one in BA?), I'm surprised that soon to be (but not soon enough) President Donald has chosen the CEO of Exxon Mobil to be the Secretary of State.
What I know and what he apparently doesn't know is that Exxon Mobil has an accounting office in Buenos Aires. I believe that there is another offfice in Romania.
If this isn't shocking and poissibly scandalous enough, soon to be (but not soon enough) President Donald wants to do away with outsourcing by U.S. (EEUU) companies.

Does anyone have soon to be (but not soon enough enough) President Donald's phone number or email address? Not wanting to be a traitor, to my political party of choice......how can I contact hillary ROTTEN clinton and or jill ROTTEN stein?

I thank you in advance,

John

I'm not sure what your actual point is, John Doe - surely requesting Clinton or Stein's telephone numbers are nothing but a form of hyperbole...

I'm also not sure exactly what your issue with Exxon-Mobile and offshoring is. I worked a decade in the oil industry and worked another bunch of time with Chevron developing completions software (and though I've visited Exxon-Mobile installations and met with people who worked for them, I've not actually worked for them myself). While the operators do have a lot of offices overseas, it's not like they are taking jobs away from Americans. Chevron has an administrative office here too - but they don't have an office here because it's cheaper to hire Argentines to do their administrative work, but rather to have a presence down here of some sort. There is oil in South America. At least, that's according to the completions engineer I used to work with at Chevron.

The oil companies aren't the ones to worry about. It's companies like Dell, who started shipping their tech support and administrative stuff to India and then ended up shipping software jobs there too. What a nightmare I had working with their programmers a few years ago! Applied Materials, a customer of ours, who hires Indians to classify inventory for import/export purposes because American firms charge on the order of $7 USD to classify a single part on an invoice being shipped - and where there may be hundreds of parts on thousands of invoices a month. Indians are hungry (in the business sense, although I've been to India and there were a lot of literally hungry people there too) and are providing competitive products (even though their culture is very dissimilar to our in many ways, which can make projects interesting at times).

What Trump did with Carrier is just a bit of showmanship. I'd be surprised if he's actually able to pass a 35% tariff on importing items from American companies working overseas and sending manufactured products back; but as an actual conservative, as you've stated that you are (I'm assuming you actually have conservative values, and don't just vote that way, after all), the worst thing to do is start punishing people for running away from the mess the Democrats have made by helping to force jobs out of the US, by making the US the highest in corporate taxes in the developed world (don't you all see that when a lot of corporations leave California for places like Texas to begin with? And when California reacts by wanting to put an "exit tax" on those "traitorous" corporations who want to leave because they are having a hard time even being competitive in the US itself with other US companies?) and loading them up with a mixed-up mess of regulations that screw with most businesses but let the ones favored by people like Clinton get away with a whole lot.

Social engineering doesn't work the way people expect it to, it never does. I just don't understand why making cheating and stealing be against the law and punishing everyone equally never gets a fair shake, but rather, we have to invent all these torturous ways to trap and punish people who aren't lucky enough to have governmental connections to people like the Clintons, or the Bushes. American industry can be competitive again, but the Democrats will never let it happen and the Republicans are seen as the bad guys because they don't want to give everyone who claims some little problem in their lives enough money to be happy (which they never are anyway) and because the far right acts like religious maniacs just this side of Muslim jihadists (yeah, that's mostly hyperbole - until you start thinking of people who blow up abortion clinics!).

This whole thing of insulting people by saying things like Hillary ROTTEN Clinton, or RepubliCONs as I've seen another liberal write, is very counterproductive to actual dialog and trying to work out how to govern the country - and it makes you all look like truculent teenagers. I, personally, don't mind arguing with anyone who doesn't agree with me as long as they are reasonable. We don't have to agree politically, we just have to get along. These examples of name-calling are why I've become convinced over the last ten years or so that the US needs to break up - irreconcilable differences.

Trump may have diarrhea of the mouth and keyboard, but does everybody, both those who love and those who hate him, have to follow suit?

ElQueso.....[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]This whole thing of insulting people by saying things like Hillary ROTTEN Clinton, or RepubliCONs as I've seen another liberal write, is very counterproductive to actual dialog and trying to work out how to govern the country - and it makes you all look like truculent teenagers. I, personally, don't mind arguing with anyone who doesn't agree with me as long as they are reasonable. We don't have to agree politically, we just have to get along.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I agree.[/background]

All of Trumps picks so far have been big businessmen, he is up to 4 from Goldman Sachs alone.
Hillary gave them a couple one hour speeches, and got paid.
Trump gives them control over the economy, and pays them.
Cleaning up the Swamp proceeds.

All of Trumps picks so far have been big businessmen, he is up to 4 from Goldman Sachs alone.
Hillary gave them a couple one hour speeches, and got paid.
Trump gives them control over the economy, and pays them.
Cleaning up the Swamp proceeds.

Trump has been conning people for decades, it's his MO. I don't know why anyone is shocked that he conned the rubes who vote for him.

John Doe:
What is your point? If you indeed have one
Exxon-Moblie downstream n Argentina is now Axion:although they are working in upstream exploration and extraction in Vaca Muerta in the south.
They have been in Argentina since at least 1910.They were my largest client in Interface Business Skills in English from 1980 until 2002 when they sold their BA business to Axion
I am sure that Donald Trump knows about all of this as he phoned Macri to say that he believes that the US and Argentina will have " the closest relationship ever ".
Shades of "carnel relations" .remember when?

Perhaps I'm wrong? My thinking is that any major U.S.company that has accounting offices in Argentina and Romania is trying to hide something.

Perhaps I'm wrong? My thinking is that any major U.S.company that has accounting offices in Argentina and Romania is trying to hide something.

First- whats a "U.S. company"?
Exxon, for example, has a headquarters in Texas- but is actually composed of hundreds of companies, incorporated in dozens of countries around the world.
I have no doubt that Exxon has accounting offices in at least 2 dozen countries.
And that doesnt even begin to get into who owns them.
Sure, the shares of a few of these companies are sold on the US stock market- but the shares are owned by chinese banks, norwegian retirement funds, russian ogliarchs, and lots of Saudi Princes.
For instance, Mercedes Benz, for many years, had a single Saudi as the largest shareholder, at about triple the ownership of the next largest.
So- is Exxon US?

Then- isnt every company, everywhere, constantly trying to hide something?

To me, the Exxon dude being Sect of State is more troubling due to his recent large deals with Putin, not his having a relatively small office in Argentina.
That is, assuming that Trump doesnt do a few more 3 card monte bait and switch moves, with a few more candidates, before he actually appoints a Sect of State.

Back