Help: Missed Flight, Unattended Bags At Eze!

Lulu-Kyoko

Registered
My friend missed her connection between Santiago and EZE. And her bags went ahead to BA without her...

Has this happened to anyone else?

Is she justifiably paranoid in thinking the bags will be stolen? They will be unattended for at least 3.5 hours.

Or will the airline (Air Canada( put them aside, considering she never made it on the flight? Maybe take them to unclaimed baggage?

I left a duffel bag by mistake at EZE once. Delta locked it in once of their offices until I picked it up later that day.
I retrieved it with all contents. Only difficulty is they had no staff on site between the morning arrival and evening departure, so I had to wait around several hours.
Good luck!

I was supposed to fly to EZE on Saturday evening from Miami. American Airlines made an offer that I couldn't refuse. A night at a hotel, all meals and a US$968.00 voucher for a future flight. My bags were on the flight that I was originally scheduled to take. It was a little confusing to find the bags, when I arrived on Monday morning. I was told by an American employee to go to "#12". There seemed to be 6 carousels. He didn't say for me to go to check in counter #12. I got my bags. C'est la lie.
Not to worry.

The bags left and the passenger didn't board? normally they would have to unload the luggage for security reasons! Air Canada may be aware that there was an unaccompanied luggage and claim it from the Carousel !

not to worry

The bags left and the passenger didn't board? normally they would have to unload the luggage for security reasons! Air Canada may be aware that there was an unaccompanied luggage and claim it from the Carousel !

not to worry

It was a connecting flight so often the bags usually just go straight through.

They don't leave the bags circling the baggage carousel for very long at EZE, if she doesn't pick them up they take all those bags to the airlines unclaimed bag counter. When she arrives she just needs to go to the counter across from the baggage carousels corresponding with the airline and they will find the bag for her. As for damage or stealing, it's probably the same chances as any bag coming into the airport has, no more.

Back