help needed finding asthma medicine

chris

Registered
I am trying to help a friend in the US who needs a type of asthma inhaler that is no longer produced in the US and that was produced until December 2010 in Argentina. There are still some on the market but I am not sure how to distinguish the old stock from the new. Here is what is needed:

Salbutamol (100 mcg/dosis) made by Denver Farma (Industria Argentina) (Aerosol 250 dosis).

Here is what the friend wrote : "I cannot tolerate the newer, reformulated broncho-dilators and need the old formula with the old aerosol. The old aerosol has CFC compounds and the newer formula has HFA compounds. I cannot tolerate the HFA aerosol."

Anyone have any experience with this and suggestions?

I use that inhaler. Unless there is some distinction I am missing, I think they are still producing them. Just go to any pharmacy and they should have it. I have noticed that Dr. Ahorro has a cheaper knock-off that I didn't like.

They have changed the formula. The manufacturer informed my friend of this. HE can not tolerate the new formula. That is why I am looking for old stock.

I am sure that if you ask the pharmacist he should be able to tell you as they keep track of the dates and lots of all meds they have in stock (?)

Back