Help Needed Getting A Lamp In Belgrano R

Well, it wasn't possible for Henry to go to pick up the lamp on Saturday because the lamp was not at the seller's house until Sunday night.

It is now available. If there is anyone who lives in Belgrano or Nunez who could do this please let me know and I will send you the seller's phone number.

The free market fails again.

I need someone to go to the home of the seller in Belgrano R and pay $180 pesos for the lamp and then send it to me by OCA. It should be fairly easy to find a box big enough in which to pack the lamp with enough newspaper to protect the glass shade. I have photos of the one (still in the box) that arrived safely. I can pay for the shipping cost at the office of OCA when it arrives. I can reimburse the person who pays for the lamp as well as any other expenses (if they have to pay a taxi for example) with a bank transfer from my account to theirs. All I would need is a CBU. If they don't have a bank account I can make the transfer to someone they know that does, Thanks.

Well, it wasn't possible for Henry to go to pick up the lamp on Saturday because the lamp was not at the seller's house until Sunday night.

It is now available. If there is anyone who lives in Belgrano or Nunez who could do this please let me know and I will send you the seller's phone number.

PS: I am re-posting this because I know that some members (who might be willing and able to help) will not see it because they won't click on the previous post (ignoring the author).

PS: I am re-posting this because I know that some members (who might be willing and able to help) will not see it because they won't click on the previous post (ignoring the author).

The kindness of others will never substitute for the free market.

Steve are you editing this thread? Someone is because there have been some significant changes.

Anyway, I don't really have the time to pack up the lamp and take it to OCA which is not all that close. However, if you'd like, I'd be more than happy to pick up the lamp and pay for it and hold it until someone else can swing by and pick it up to ship it. Or, if you could convince the seller to package it up and ship it for a little more money, I could take him or her the cash and then you could pay me via a transfer.

Steve are you editing this thread? Someone is because there have been some significant changes.

Anyway, I don't really have the time to pack up the lamp and take it to OCA which is not all that close. However, if you'd like, I'd be more than happy to pick up the lamp and pay for it and hold it until someone else can swing by and pick it up to ship it. Or, if you could convince the seller to package it up and ship it for a little more money, I could take him or her the cash and then you could pay me via a transfer.

Hi Rodolfo, Thanks very much for this offer. I am not sure what you mean by significant changes. I answered Henry's question about exactly what I need done and have copied and pasted the same answer several times without changing it.

I am waiting to hear from another seller from whom I bought another lamp on Friday. He may be able to get the lamp and send them both together. I should know tomorrow morning. If he can't do that I would greatly appreciate if you could get the lamp. I can make a transfer to your bank and you could send the lamp in a radio taxi at your convenience to a friend who lives in Bodeo any evening when my friend is home.

I offered to pay the seller for the lamp by mercadopago plus the cost to pack it (I would have pid the shipping fee at this end), but she did not want to wait until it arrives here to get the funds from mercadopago. I also offered to pay by bank transfer in advance but don't think she wanted to pack and ship, either. If you can pay for the lamp and send it to my friend in a taxi I will be very grateful. The lamp will not have to be packed for shipping.

I will send you the seller's name and phone number in a PM tomorrow if I need to have you get the lamp for me. I will also send you the name and number of the taxi company that I trust and my friend's name, address and phone number. I will let you know either way.

Gracias y saludos!

I just received a PM from "RodolfoWalsh" informing me that he picked up the lamp in Belgrano this morning and personally dropped it off in Bodeo on his way to San Cristobal (something he suggested in lieu of sending the lamp by itself in a taxi).

The "free market" succeeded again, as it so often does, with voluntary cooperation.

This forum truly brings out the inner mensch in some members...
emo32.gif

I just want to add that Rodolfo did NOT ask for any payment. He indicated he was going to San Cristobal today and he graciouly offered to drop off the lamp in Bodeo. I then offered to pay for the taxi.

I overestimated that cost by five pesos. It was $145 and I thought it would be $150.

Back