Help! Pensionado Visa Income Requirement

PharohOKnaughty

Registered
Hello

Does anyone know the income requirement for Pension Visas? It has been AR$2.000 (if I remember right) per month for the last 3 years.

I need to renew my visa by December 14, and now I hear rumblings of higher amounts.

I know they raised the Rentista visa, but did not see the Pensionista affected.

It would be really nice to have a sighting to something official. I looked on the Argentine website but could not find anything.

I am all setup with translated certified notarized apostiled documentation for US$1070. I hope I am OK.

Thanks for any help.

Is this your first renewal?

If you got your visa last year with an income of $1070 you should be OK. The income requirement for the visa rentista is specific, but I don't think it is for the visa pensionado.

If you don't speak castellano very well I can recommend someone to go to migraciones with you. She helped me the first two years and recently helped a friend of mine get his visa pensionado with an income figure below that specified on the website in the previous post.

She speaks very good English and they know her well at migraciones. She only charges $200 USD for one or two trips.

Do you have your new penales antecedentes?

Don't forget you can bypass migraciones and apply for citizenship. An income of $1000 USD per month will suffice.

Either way, don't worry. If you want to stay in Argentina you will be able to do so.

Thanks for the comments.

This will be my fourth and hopefully final visa application, so I can go permanent. I have used the same pension income for each renewal. I have other incomes but they are not pensions, and I never mentioned them in the past.

I don't think I can become an Argentine citizen without problems back in the USA.

I am ready to go get the police report and certificate of domicile.

I will private message you for the phone number of your friend.

Thanks

Do you have the DNI?

If so, applying for citizenship should be easy and you can do it on your own without a lawyer.

You won't have to pay the $600 peso renewal fee or get the penales antecendentes, either.

Even if you don't have a DNI I suggest you find the juzgada federal that has jurisdiction over your current domicilio and ask for a list of the requisites.

And don't hesitate to ask more questions here. If you need a lawyer, Bajo_cero2 is blazing trails for foreigners who seek citizenship under complicated circumstances.

Once again, thanks for the help.

Yes I have a DNI. That was another long story.

The citizenship idea is interesting.

Is there anyone out there that is from the USA and is now dual USA/Argentine? I looked at the US State department website and it says if you seek citizenship in a foriegn country you could loose your USA citizenship." In order to lose U.S. citizenship, the law requires that the person must apply for the foreign citizenship voluntarily, by free choice, and with the intention to give up U.S. citizenship"

Of course I do not want to give up my USA citizenship. Since my intent is not to give it up, on first reading I am OK.

Don't worry.

Use the search feature to find the threads about "Argentine citizenship for foreigners" (especially the two I started).

PharohOKnaughty said:
This will be my fourth and hopefully final visa application, so I can go permanent. I have used the same pension income for each renewal. I have other incomes but they are not pensions, and I never mentioned them in the past.

If I understand correctly, this will be your third renewal. If they renewed your visa last year they should do so this year as well. The income increases for the visa rentista went into effect more than a year ago and there was no concomitant increase in the income requirement for the visa pensionado that I know of.

If this is your third renewal you should be eligible for the change from temporary to permanent residency without mentioning additional sources of income.

If you are hesitant to go alone I sincerely suggest you go with the woman who helped me. She was able to overcome a crucial "issue" regarding my income by explaining that it was generated by an irrevocable trust when I wasn't able to express that fact.

I know she will be happy to call migraciones and ask about this for you.

I've already asked her to do so.

OK

I went in with the assistant (for translation and general advise) and everything worked out.

They wanted the certified letter from my pension company (the same one I used before) saying I make US1070 per month. They also needed the local police report and certificate of domicile. Also, they needed complete copies of the Passport and DNI.

Since I was going for a permanent visa this time, they needed a white background passport picture.

They did not ask for bank records.

I recieved a temporary form showing that I have a permanant visa. They told me to come back in one month for the permanent document for a permanent visa. Suposedly I don't have to stand in line, but we will see.

Evidently I have to wait to renew my DNI until I receive this permanent document.

By then my DNI will expire, so I will have to figure out the DNI situation once I get to that point.

PharohOKnaughty said:
Evidently I have to wait to renew my DNI until I receive this permanent document.

By then my DNI will expire, so I will have to figure out the DNI situation once I get to that point.

This is nothing to be concerned about. As soon as the permanent residency is approved you will be in the system. Just take the paper from migraciones (certificate of permanent residency) with you when you go to have the cambio de categoria stamped in your DNI.

When I went they didn't even ask to see the paper. They looked it up in their computer. That was annoying as migraciones lost my file the day I went to get my certificate. I had to pay $50 pesos (as if I was the one who lost it) and go back a week later to get a new one.

Back