Help required.

Hi Steve, thanks for the information above. I am in the process of trying to get my Rentista visa organized and pretty much have everything covered except for some questions about how I can prove my rental income from the United States. Do I need copies of the lease? Will a letter from my accountant suffice? Tax records? I am assuming everything will have to be apostillized and translated, so ideally the less papers the better. I would like to reach out to the woman you mentioned. Do you have her contact info?
thanks!
Erinn

I just sent you a PM with the info.

Meanwhile I suggest you use the search feature regarding documentation others have provided for the visa rentista based on rental income as migraciones has been a little "fickle" regarding what they will and won't accept. What they want most is the "assurance" that the income will continue for two years, even though the visa is only good for one year.

I had a visa pensionado so my experience is somewhat different than it would have been if I has a visa rentista.

A notarized cover letter letter from your CPA that refers to the "attached" copies of the lease and bank statements showing the deposits that match the rental income should be sufficient if the accountant can "claim" the income will continue for two years without interruption and the rental history of the property supports that prediction..

PS: If the CPA refers to the copy of the lease and the bank statements in the "cover letter" you should only have to pay for one apostille.

Last edited:
PS2 to my previous post: Perhaps the CPA can reduce the number of pages to be translated by summarizing the rental income in the cover letter instead of providing a ton of bank statements. A notarized letter (on the bank's letterhead) from a bank officer listing the dates and the amounts of the deposits of the rent could also receive the apostille and should eliminate the need to use multiple bank statements.

This would provide two independent sources which "verify" the rental income.

I remember a post that was made by an individual seeking the visa rentista a few years ago. He was having a problem finding a CPA who was willing to "guarantee" the rental income would continue without interruption. Unfortunately, I don't remember if he was able to actually get the visa.

Last edited:
Lorena is wonderful - http://www.argentinaresidency.com/immigration-testimonials.php She has helped many of my friends over the years.

I beg to differ. The fact that she claims on her website right from the first time I met her in 2008 till present day in 2018, that it take 5 years to apply for citizenship - is a blatant lie and I am sure she is aware of it. I respect her business model of helping English speaking foreigners first time in BA but to claim that it takes 5 years to apply for citizenship, is not very heartwarming.

I beg to differ. The fact that she claims on her website right from the first time I met her in 2008 till present day in 2018, that it take 5 years to apply for citizenship - is a blatant lie and I am sure she is aware of it. I respect her business model of helping English speaking foreigners first time in BA but to claim that it takes 5 years to apply for citizenship, is not very heartwarming.

Hmm. I'm not sure what is on her website. I used her many, many years ago. I have permanent residency and I believe after 3 years she told me I could get citizenship at the time but I didn't see the need so I never got it. I can only go by my experience with her and also as mentioned I know at least 15 people that used her and all had positive experiences.

But I can't speak to what is or isn't on her website as I never have read it. And I haven't spoken to her in many, many years but as mentioned, had a great experience with her.

Back