Help Urgently Needed: Forum Expat Gone Nuts In My Apartment

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeinbuenosaires

Registered
I'm not sure that writing this here is the right thing to do (and I will probably try to delete once this is resolved), but I don't know what to do anymore.

I rented my beautiful studio apartment to a member of this forum in good faith. I did so at a major discount, and with no damage deposit because I had believed her story about her previous landlord stealing her deposit (I've made reference to it on this forum).

It turns out she is a grifter and has some serious issues. She is now accusing me of 'stalking' her and all manner of other things. I have many, many chat transcripts and emails between the two of us that I am happy to make public, and this person has also had a couple of drunken episodes on this forum. I had invested so many hours in trying to help her get her deposit back from her old landlord only for her to go ballistic when he sent her an email in Spanish with his side of the story (which appears to be true) that she could not read. Google translate didn't work on it either, otherwise she would never have shown it to me. Ever since I translated it for her, with a view to helping her fight what I believed at the time to be unfounded allegations, she has gone seriously nuclear level nuts. I have documentation of all of this.

She is in a beautiful vacation rental of mine in Recoleta, and the contract stipulates that she must leave on Monday. I have to show the apartment on Monday afternoon (although I am not sure what state I will find it in), and have a couple of tourists moving in on Tuesday. Time is of the essence.

What in the hell do I do in this situation?

Any and all help here or in PMs would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Which forum member is it?

It will be easy enough to figure it out if you look at previous posts while clicking on my username. I'm still seriously uncomfortable making this so public (as she reads this forum), but I am at my wits' end and don't know what to do. I reached out to her on this forum to offer a hand and it backfired spectacularly!

I am partly doing this to warn other people, as she is still looking for roommates/ apartments/ jobs.

Oh my god, curiosity really did kill the cat. I can't believe I just read that thread, I think my brain is melting.

It will be easy enough to figure it out if you look at previous posts while clicking on my username. I'm still seriously uncomfortable making this so public (as she reads this forum), but I am at my wits' end and don't know what to do. I reached out to her on this forum to offer a hand and it backfired spectacularly!

I am partly doing this to warn other people, as she is still looking for roommates/ apartments/ jobs.

I appreciate the warning but without telling us who it is youre not really warning anybody. If this person is as bad as you say maybe you should jist tell us so we can steer clear of her.

Kate101, please put his doubts to rest and make sure everything is fine and you will be leaving on Monday with the apartment in good condition ready for next tenants. Regards, Judge Judy.
Nancy-Grace-Is-The-New-Judge-Judy-2-500x375.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back