Here's my intro

nativexpat

Registered
Hi everyone, I've been lurking first and posting later without introducing myself. I am starting to feel comfortable and poster's usernames are starting to sound familiar, so I thought I should tell you guys a little bit more about myself.

I am back in Argentina and new to BA after 12 years of living abroad (mostly in the US and Spain). I left in my early twenties, and now I'm back with a husband (Arg. as well) and two children in tow. We decided to return to South America because we wanted the kids to grow up sorrounded by family and because we had a nice dollar income. Our plan was to live in Uruguay and visit BA often, but last year we lost almost all of our savings (looong story), so here we are, broke and living at my mother in law's place...Back to square one, but older and worried about our children's future :confused:

My reasons for entering this forum?

-I don't want to lose touch with the English-speaking world. Or the world in general.

- I still feel like a foreigner sometimes -esp. when my Argentine friends have endless discussions about plastic surgery and losing weight... I've also been mocked for separating my trash, and in general for mentioning anything that has to do with getting involved in making things better for the city or the country...:(

- I NEED A JOB! Anything just to get started. Spanish conversation, clerical tasks, helping tourists, walking dogs, anything! I don't know if I should try and take a TEFL course or teach Spanish as a Second Language?

And... that's about it for now.

Saludos,

Mercedes:)

Great. Thanks for the intro! I have to check to see if I actually wrote one.
It would be great to meet up for coffee & NOT talk about either plastic surgery or losing weight!! ;D

Oh my! If this is what a returning native faces, I hope the wannabe expats from other countries get the picture!

What's wrong with discussing cosmetic surgery...if you're in the market for it?

Cosmetic Surgery is the Greatest Thing!

Finally people can look on the outside, the way they are on the inside

Fake ...

Joe said:
Cosmetic Surgery is the Greatest Thing!

Finally people can look on the outside, the way they are on the inside

Fake ...

Nice post. Obviously you have no family members who were born with a "cleft palate" (aka hair lip).

Just one example.

Get back under your rock, Joe.

I have known a cosmetic surgeon for over 30 years. He practices in Salt Lake City, Utah. Has performed countless (over one thousand) procedures without any charge.

Sure, he does boob jobs and fcace lifts, but that doesn't mean his patients are "fake" by your definition.

Go to hell, Joe.

Cleft Palate surgery is usually called Reconstructive Surgery. Usually cosmetic surgery is reserved for vacuous people who are confused about the definition of things, such as the difference between reconstructive and cosmetic surgery. Unfortunately there is not a surgery for enlarging the brain. That would have come in handy for the last US president...

steveinbsas said:
I have known a cosmetic surgeon for over 30 years. He practices in Salt Lake City, Utah. Has performed countless (over one thousand) procedures without any charge.

Sure, he does boob jobs and fcace lifts, but that doesn't mean his patients are "fake" by your definition.

Go to hell, Joe.

This is another example of a post that is very similar to the style of BlahBlah.

I am beginning to be more and more suspicious that you are one and the same...

Back