Here's my plan - please shoot holes in it!

Bluedane

Registered
I have been doing a lot of research on where to move and I am somewhat familiar with the process of moving to Argentina, however I still have some missing links that I want to clear up prior to coming. Instead of littering the board with 1,000 questions, perhaps the members here can assist me with some advices on some/all of this.

Let me start with the fact I am about to have a warrant for my arrest in the USA. I'm looking at 8 years for a probation violation on a felony DWI (no I didnt hurt anyone) conviction. I'm not looking for any "stay and be responsible for your actions, jackass!" advice...I have already thought this through. I'm at an age, and a point in my life, where I would take this chance. So play along here, K?. If I'm gonna serve 8 years anyway I would prefer to travel FIRST.

Im working with $20K USD (enough to get by for some time?) and my plan is to buy a ticket to BA with a return to Puerto Rico because I understand that I have to posess a return ticket with my passport? This will allow me to end up in Puerto Rico if I run into trouble and the US will not likely extradite me back to Texas on a county felony warrant due to the costs. From what I have read it's unlikley, even with the US Interstate extradition rules. Thinking out loud here.

Ok, so I am in BA now. I can get the flat/apartment/hostel stuff done, although I have not researched how I will communicate (no spanish coming out of this mounth, which is an entirely different thread) with someone who's renting an apartment/flat. Pocket translator I guess.

Next, I plan to start an internet business from wherever I'm staying there...all I need is a computer and I have a ton of experience in this area so I can generate income within 3 months. I plan to use Pay Pal to hold all my funds and link that to a Pay Pal Visa, which I suspect I can use a Visa in BA? I'm pretty sure Pal Pal allows for ATM withdrawls and certainly bank account transfers. Do I need someone in BA to help me set up a non-business bank account if I'm a tourist?

Now, for thr tricky parts. My intention is to become a resident of BA so I can leave the USA behind, not only because of the felony, but the fact I am sick of this country, I like to travel and like the challenges. Plus, when the world ends I want to spend 12/21/12 on a beach vs. watching the fireworks from a cell window. Haha
;)

I understand the 90 days in-and-out trips to maintain the Tourist Visa. How many stamps "spots" does a US Passport have and what happens if I run out of room? I know I can get another Passport but remember, I got that whole felony thing on my heels. I asume they stamp my passport when I get in BA and then 2 times each 90 days when I go out then back in? And what happens if I never renew my Tourist Visa for a year, two or three? Will they deport me and if not, what's the fine amount?

Ok, so I'm in BA for 6 monts now, making $, have a place to live, enjoying the city and life. Whoop. How do I get residency, if at all? Hire an attorney or apply for it locally in BA? I also read on the ARCA site that I need to go to the USA Consulate as part of my BA residency process? That would mean a trip back to the USA, and, well, you know what the means. Can I get everything done in BA? I also know that I must provide a birth certificate, passport and a criminal record from the "city or county" I lived in for the past 5 yers. If this is the case my record only has a small class C misdemeanor (PI - no drinking comments either, yeah, I know...) that I was arrested for. But if they want me to provide a police report from the FBI (I have never committed any Federal crimes but I'm probably in the system somewhere) or a police report from the state of Texas, I may be hosed. I also read that some Consulates in BA dont ask for it at all. Please help me clear this up because this is the biggest sticking point, I think. I hope.

So...I am now a resident of Argentina (if I make it this far) and have to live there for 3 years to gain citizenship, correct?

Then, after 5 years I plan to migrate to Costa Rica so I can start a larger biz (unless I fall in love with BA) since, as I understand it, Costa Rica will take citizens from other surrounding countries in the Americas. Plus Costa Rica requires a 10 year gap between when I was convicted and when they will take me. 5 years in BA will do it. It may not even matter at that point since I am coming from Argentina, not sure.

Then there's always the whole marriage thingy. I like this option because there's no sexier women than from Argentina. I need to read up on this more, however if I do meet someone and marry, I assume the process I go thru will be just like the temporary residency one, correct?

Anyway, that's my plan. ALL feed back is welcome provided it does not pertain to staying in the USA or drinking. I got those covered. Shoot some holes in my plan so I can learn how to fill em..

Thanks!

The Bluedane

Bluedane said:
I have been doing a lot of research on where to move and I am somewhat familiar with the process of moving to Argentina, however I still have some missing links that I want to clear up prior to coming. Instead of littering the board with 1,000 questions, perhaps the members here can assist me with some advices on some/all of this.

Let me start with the fact I am about to have a warrant for my arrest in the USA. I'm looking at 8 years for a probation violation on a felony DWI (no I didnt hurt anyone) conviction. I'm not looking for any "stay and be responsible for your actions, jackass!" advice...I have already thought this through. I'm at an age, and a point in my life, where I would take this chance. So play along here, K?. If I'm gonna serve 8 years anyway I would prefer to travel FIRST.

Im working with $20K USD (enough to get by for some time?) and my plan is to buy a ticket to BA with a return to Puerto Rico because I understand that I have to posess a return ticket with my passport? This will allow me to end up in Puerto Rico if I run into trouble and the US will not likely extradite me back to Texas on a county felony warrant due to the costs. From what I have read it's unlikley, even with the US Interstate extradition rules. Thinking out loud here.

Ok, so I am in BA now. I can get the flat/apartment/hostel stuff done, although I have not researched how I will communicate (no spanish coming out of this mounth, which is an entirely different thread) with someone who's renting an apartment/flat. Pocket translator I guess.

Next, I plan to start an internet business from wherever I'm staying there...all I need is a computer and I have a ton of experience in this area so I can generate income within 3 months. I plan to use Pay Pal to hold all my funds and link that to a Pay Pal Visa, which I suspect I can use a Visa in BA? I'm pretty sure Pal Pal allows for ATM withdrawls and certainly bank account transfers. Do I need someone in BA to help me set up a non-business bank account if I'm a tourist?

Now, for thr tricky parts. My intention is to become a resident of BA so I can leave the USA behind, not only because of the felony, but the fact I am sick of this country, I like to travel and like the challenges. Plus, when the world ends I want to spend 12/21/12 on a beach vs. watching the fireworks from a cell window. Haha
;)

I understand the 90 days in-and-out trips to maintain the Tourist Visa. How many stamps "spots" does a US Passport have and what happens if I run out of room? I know I can get another Passport but remember, I got that whole felony thing on my heels. I asume they stamp my passport when I get in BA and then 2 times each 90 days when I go out then back in? And what happens if I never renew my Tourist Visa for a year, two or three? Will they deport me and if not, what's the fine amount?

Ok, so I'm in BA for 6 monts now, making $, have a place to live, enjoying the city and life. Whoop. How do I get residency, if at all? Hire an attorney or apply for it locally in BA? I also read on the ARCA site that I need to go to the USA Consulate as part of my BA residency process? That would mean a trip back to the USA, and, well, you know what the means. Can I get everything done in BA? I also know that I must provide a birth certificate, passport and a criminal record from the "city or county" I lived in for the past 5 yers. If this is the case my record only has a small class C misdemeanor (PI - no drinking comments either, yeah, I know...) that I was arrested for. But if they want me to provide a police report from the FBI (I have never committed any Federal crimes but I'm probably in the system somewhere) or a police report from the state of Texas, I may be hosed. I also read that some Consulates in BA dont ask for it at all. Please help me clear this up because this is the biggest sticking point, I think. I hope.

So...I am now a resident of Argentina (if I make it this far) and have to live there for 3 years to gain citizenship, correct?

Then, after 5 years I plan to migrate to Costa Rica so I can start a larger biz (unless I fall in love with BA) since, as I understand it, Costa Rica will take citizens from other surrounding countries in the Americas. Plus Costa Rica requires a 10 year gap between when I was convicted and when they will take me. 5 years in BA will do it. It may not even matter at that point since I am coming from Argentina, not sure.

Then there's always the whole marriage thingy. I like this option because there's no sexier women than from Argentina. I need to read up on this more, however if I do meet someone and marry, I assume the process I go thru will be just like the temporary residency one, correct?

Anyway, that's my plan. ALL feed back is welcome provided it does not pertain to staying in the USA or drinking. I got those covered. Shoot some holes in my plan so I can learn how to fill em..

Thanks!

The Bluedane

If this post isn't serious, it's really very funny.

If it is serious, it's incredibly repulsive...and anyone who helps this reprobate is also culpable.

Bluedane said:
Now, for thr tricky parts. My intention is to become a resident of BA so I can leave the USA behind, not only because of the felony, but the fact I am sick of this country, I like to travel and like the challenges.

Make sure to get your FBI background check before you come down here because it is a requirement to become a resident. It should be easy for you since you have already had your fingerprints taken.

Hmmm, if I give advice would that come under "aiding and abetting" a known criminal? Maybe bajo_cero knows???

Perhaps I should give John Walsh (America's Most Wanted) a call.

I wouldn't be surprised if the admin of this site is asked for the OP's ISP.

Either way, I hope he stays out of Argentina.

And spend his last 20K on his own (hopefully futile) defense.

Back