Hey guys!

Portena wana be

Registered
How's it going? I'm a recent University of Arizona graduate currently working in California but planning on moving down south to Argentina, pending employment. I was talking to a customer today about wanting to move and he recommended that I check out the site so it's nice to meet you all:)

"pending employment"?

please check this site carefully, there are dozens of threads you should be looking at. such as visa, work permit, employment opportunities, cost of living, inflation, etc etc

just don't be naive, do your homework before you decide.

If you have have e.g. very good teaching skills you should be able to make around U$S 600 per month starting in about half a year or maybe a little later.

In other words: Bring the money you need for several months and make sure you have a changeable return ticket.

Bullshit.

If you have a valued international degree and decent spanish languge skills there is no reason getting a job here for you should be any harder than an Argentine getting a job in the united states.

Actually it should be easier.

I've known many people who work here for multinational companies who are getting paid on the same payscale as their peers across the world.

PhilipDT said:
Bullshit.

If you have a valued international degree and decent spanish languge skills there is no reason getting a job here for you should be any harder than an Argentine getting a job in the united states.

I've known many people who work here for multinational companies who are getting paid on the same payscale as their peers across the world.
Bullshit self - better still, stop using abusive language, which exposes yourself.

Search this site for e.g. 'teaching English' or 'work' and ask people who have experience. A University of Arizona grade is not "a valued international degree" unless the degree is very relevant to Argentina.

There was no mention of teaching in the original post. I'll agree that teaching English is a bottom of the barrel job, but you came up with that yourself.

As far as abusive language goes, 'bullshit' seems pretty mild. I could certainly get a lot more colorful, but even on the internet there is a certain decorum that must be maintained.

PhilipDT said:
As far as abusive language goes, 'bullshit' seems pretty mild. I could certainly get a lot more colorful, but even on the internet there is a certain decorum that must be maintained.
And if you are sitting in front of a 6 ft 2", 200 lbs muscle and bone, ex-green baret?

I find it sad when people cannot be civilized in internet debates.

PhilipDT said:
Bullshit.

Philip,

While it's not impossible to get a job here as a foreigner, especially if you speak english, it's very unlikely that person is going to earn a US salary. It happens, but unless she's got contacts, legal working papers, contacts, a bit of blind luck, and contacts, I just don't see that happening. Average salary for jobs geared towards foreigners without papers that I've seen range from AR$3,000 to AR$4,500 a month. Enough to live on but definitely not enough to explore the country, travel, or eat out from time to time without savings. Even with papers I doubt she would be earning much more with an undergraduate degree and little experience. Just my two cents.

Back