Hi All

mybahome2

Registered
Hi,
Just arrived in BA a month ago and looking to meet new friends. Enjoying hanging out with a small group of people, not into a bar scene nor am I into a political scene. Lately have been frustrated with the dollar, my landlord requested to be paid in the green. Anyone know how to get a dollar without crossing the border?

Thanks,
Jack

Pay him in pesos at the official rate...he cannot force you to pay in USD. Your landlord perfectly knows that nobody can get dollars into the country unless you buy the "blue" one which is illegal.
Even being a foreigner doesn´t mean that you can go to an ATM and actually get dollars.

Paying in dollars must be your last choice; use it to negotiate.

NEVER pay rent in dollars, in 6 months you may be paying God knows how much at the Blue rate.... guess 30% more??

R1: If rent is negotiated at a certain amount of dollars or midget bananas per month, it doesn't matter what the going exchange rate is regarding pesos or 3 legged spider monkeys.

R1: If rent is negotiated at a certain amount of dollars or midget bananas per month, it doesn't matter what the going exchange rate is regarding pesos or 3 legged spider monkeys.

Fail to comprehend!! your Logic; a rental of $700 US cash today means $7000 pesos, in six months may be worth $8400!! If the dollar blue falls below $10 to $6 pesos the landlord will want MORE dollars, for sure...!! to make up the difference...!! so much for midget bananas.. :D

Using Opportunity Cost concepts

The landlord might not want to renew or extend your contract but believe you me, the landlord knew in advance what the chances of that happening are.

Back