Hi everyone!!!!!!

JORDAN777

Registered
I just joined baexpats this is my first thread.I was born in the USA and lived everywhere around AMERICA!! So I am new to the site. I would appreciate any advice about finding a small apartment. I would like my wife and I to find something north of Capital Federal We live in a hotel near the Congress!!

SO HI EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
(Jordan)

Welcome! I am new too, just joined today!
What do you mean by North of Capital? We live in the north in a house, but also have an apartment we rent when we have guests out of town. I could help you find a place and recommend neighborhoods if you are planning to come to this area. Just let me know.
I can tell you I have rented this apartment from September to May at $1000 US per month including expenses and it's a fully furnished 3 bedroom 2.5 bathrooms 1600 sq feet with 24/7 security, small gym and a pool. I think it's a very good deal, especially since a night at a hotel ranges from $200-300 per night before breakfast and internet...

By north I mean where we live now is in monserrat quarter Its in the middle of the city very congested and too crowded!! where are you???
Like what quarter or province Write again i miss people from the usa Buenos aries compared to yhe us is like another planet!

Thanks
Jordan

Hehe I hear ya. I am in Pilar, it's a pretty big suburb north of BA and San Isidro made of country clubs and gated communities. Lots of malls and tons of very good private schools.
It's very quiet here and laid back, in fact, many people from Capital live here on weekends to escape the city. Unless you work in the city, it's much better living here and I think cheaper too in terms of rent/house prices

Maybe you could shoot me some prices we are just looking basically for a 1 room apartment with kithenette and private bathroom!!! self contained you know lol !!!If you see any thing like this Please let me know we are in the the building stage of our income!! i get a guarenteed income from the USA and my wife is going to start getting her retirement money soon!
She is a bulgarian citizen eastern europe, shes been in B A a long time she has a permant residence but shes not argentine. i have been getting visa going to uraguay every 3 months AHHHHHHHHHH I need to find some one who has a residence here? migrassioni the goverment has run me in circles with this!!!! We need to get out of the heart of buenos aires despertley!!!
Thangs again
JORDAN
ps. keep writing oh ya ive been here about 1 year.

Well regarding the 3 months thing. You do not need to leave every 3 months. Every time you leave you will need to pay the 300 pesos multa, and then you can re-enter. I have done that 3 times in the past 2 years, no problem there.

It's easy to find apartments here of this size. why don't you look online (NOT craigslist), or get today's newspaper?
I did see a 2 bedroom apartment here for about 2500 pesos plus expenses in a gated community. Should be about 800-900 USD all included..

AlfajorEfi said:
Well regarding the 3 months thing. You do not need to leave every 3 months. Every time you leave you will need to pay the 300 pesos multa, and then you can re-enter. I have done that 3 times in the past 2 years, no problem there.

In other words, staying for more than three months doesn't make you "illegal" in Argentina like it does in the USA and almost every other country in the world. While I appreciate the intentions of those who make the "visa runs" every 90 days, I think they are wasting their time as well as their money.

Hi Jordan,
I understand what you mean by staying at the Monserrat area (I used to live in Microcentro which is San Nicolas). Anyways, good look on you search for a more peaceful place away from the heart of the city. If you change your mind let me know because I have a furnished apartment for rent but it's in the city XD
About the visa issue, you could get your residency here. My family runs a "Gestoria para Inmigrantes" office so we deal with immigrants trying to get their residence and DNI. It's not impossible, and quite convenient to have your residency. Send me a PM if you want more information about our services.
I'm also new in this community and so far, everything seems interesting =D
Nice meeting you!

Hi All...I'm a newcomer as well. I'm just beginning my search for other expats in Argentina.
I live in the U.S., born and raised. I know there are many places to go...but I have a longing for South America. I would really like to be outside of Mendoza, and closer to the Andes. Obviously, I'm looking for peace, quiet and mountain hikes for inward thinking. I just may be bringing other friends as well. All of us love gardening and flowers. We are, I guess you could say, 'natures babies.' This is what happens when one needs to escape the rat race.
Nice meeting all of you, and hopefully through here I can get some leads on a home, for extended lease, or lease with option...if that exists. :D Have a great weeks everyone!<3

Back