Hi from a long time lurker

Phryne

Registered
Hi all,

I´ve been browsing the forum for quite awhile now as I prepared for my trip and just wanted to thank you all, as your posts have answered a lot of my questions.

So now that I´m finally here in BA from Australia, till the end of Feb next year I wondered if anyone wanted to meet up for coffee. I´m not technically an expat (I was born here but raised in Australia and it´s only my second visit back).

I´m moving around visiting different relatives at the moment but would love to catch up with people for tea/gin, movies, sightseeing, visiting galleries, etc.

PS. If anyone is a linux guru, I need some help with the Claro USB modem. Am happy to pay for any assistance.
 

John.St

Registered
Phryne said:
PS. If anyone is a linux guru, I need some help with the Claro USB modem. Am happy to pay for any assistance.
Hi Phryne, and welcome, lurker :D

If the problem is a driver - I know how to solve it, if it is a HUAWEI dongle, same as Movistar's in Chile.
 

Phryne

Registered
It is a HUAWEI dongle! I assume it is a driver issue as Claro´s app is unable to detect the device. So I just need to find the correct driver?

Thank you so much - I´m getting tired of visiting locutorios.
 

John.St

Registered
Phryne said:
It is a HUAWEI dongle! I assume it is a driver issue as Claro´s app is unable to detect the device. So I just need to find the correct driver?
My email is ... for the link.

Thank you so much - I´m getting tired of visiting locutorios.
Edit your post - remove the email-adress, show only in PM (private message) as this will expose you to (more) spam.
 

Phryne

Registered
Done. Was my spam account at any rate.

Am using gOS, which is based on UBUNTU, so fingers crossed it will all work for me.

Many thanks
 

John.St

Registered
Phryne said:
Done. Was my spam account at any rate.

Am using gOS, which is based on UBUNTU, so fingers crossed it will all work for me.

Many thanks
Re. email address - as you may know there are address automatons racing through public web pages searching for @ to include in spam address lists. One of them vill find this adress: "searching.for@to.include.in" :D:D

You should by now have received my email with instructions, feel fre to ask if it doesn't work as expected.
 
Top