hi,here already looking for art classes

megaroo

Registered
hello, I'm here for a bit and one of the things I'd like to do is studio life drawing ...has anyone good any good hints? taa

I recommend strongly a good friend of mine, native of Uruguay but she has spent +10 years in NY (that helps to have a 100% english fluent teacher).
Furthermore she is an exceptional human being.
She has many groups during the week, in a very nice place in Palermo SOHO (Cabrera x Bonpland).

She has LIFE DRAWING classes

Her website & curriculum are here :
http://www.artemercosur.org.uy/rank/...lish/rank.html

Anna Rank, Uruguayan artist, has lived and studied in New York for 12 years. Argentinean resident.

Education: MFA / Painting - Parsons School of Design, N.Y. (1993) BFA - Art Education Certificate, Parsons School of Design / Bank Street College, New York, (1993) - Universidad del Trabajo del Uruguay, Montevideo (1981) - Drawing and Painting with Julio Alpuy (Torres-García's-Workshop) N.Y. (1983-1989) - Printmaking with Krishna Reddy Workshop at New York University (1988-1989).

Awards and Honors: Helena Rubinstein Award and Organization of American States Scholarship, Washington DC.(1992-1993) - Artist in Residence at Altos de Chavón School of Design, Dominican Republic (1990)- The New York Public Library acquired for the Print Room the artist book "Don Quixote de la Mancha"(1990).

Art Teacher: Altos de Chavón School of Design, Dominican Republic (1992 - 1990) - Universidad Católica del Uruguay (1994-1996) and "Escuela Superior de Bellas Artes de la Nación Ernesto de la Cárcova", Buenos Aires (1998-1997). Queens Museum of Art and New York City Department of Education, Workshops for Development Training (2005-2006-2007). Currently she also teaches Drawing and Painting at her own Studio and also at Guillermo Roux's Foundation/Studio, in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Since 1979, she realized a number of individual and collective exhibitions in United Stated, Argentina, France, Italy. Chile, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Brazil and Uruguay; her work is part of international collections like The New York Public Library at the Print Room, the Musée d' Art Contemporain de Chamaliéres, France and others.

Calle Cabrera, 5654 - Buenos Aires - CP 1414 - Argentina. Tel. (5411) 4774 7167

Just tried to link to the address you supplied but url can not be found ...is it current or is it possible contact your friend any other way
again thanks

Hia

I love the Estimulo de bellas artes

Dirección: Córdoba, Av. 701
Código postal: C1054AAG
País: Argentina
Tel: 4314-1211 / 4312-3274
E-mail: [email protected]
Horario: a combinar

So friendly been open for 100 years go when you want....my favourite place in BA....beats tango lessons

There are lots of classes at the Centro Rojas. Sign up this week.

megaroo said:
Just tried to link to the address you supplied but url can not be found ...is it current or is it possible contact your friend any other way
again thanks

OOps sorry, here it goes again
http://www.artemercosur.org.uy/rank/ombu/english/rank.html

Anyway you can try to reach Anna, my friend teacher who is fluent in english at
alle Cabrera, 5654 - Buenos Aires - CP 1414 - Argentina

Tel. (5411) 4774 7167.

Hi, I took a class at IUNA and I really liked it!

You can find more information at: http://extensionpueyrredon.blogspot.com/

I'm actually thinking about taking a few classes again (most courses start this month) so if you want, PM me and we could work something out.

Their courses are cheap because it's a public university.

I tried at Centro Cultural Ricardo Rojas but I didn't have any luck because their courses fill up pretty quick, plus they are a little more expensive than IUNA.

Hope this helps! ;)

Why are they "cheap"? Shouldn't they be free? Are you referring to the price of materials, like books, etc. ?? Or is there an actual tuition? At least for foreigners is there some sort of tuition?

deleted - didn't see that natykerouac had bumped an almost 4 year old thread. Any relation to Jack by the way?

Back