High Quality Argentina Products

If anyone would like fresh mushrooms delivered in CABA, do check out hongosfrescos in Instagram, they're based in Retiro I believe. They don't have a huge selection, but we got their 600g mix which was very nice.

Also, if anyone likes good coconut water, Disco (and maybe Jumbo) have the Sococo brand at 165 pesos per litre, it tastes much better than the kind you normally find in the natural food shops here. You can also get it on Mercadolibre for between 500 and 1000 pesos per litre ;-)
Are they putting sugar or sweetener in it? (Serious question Frank, not joking.)

Are they putting sugar or sweetener in it? (Serious question Frank, not joking.)
The Argentinian list of ingredients lists only: "Agua de coco natural", the original Portuguese list says less than 1% saccharose and antioxidant (
sodium metabisulfite). The strange thing is that the label on the carton indicates that it's the same importer that's selling on Mercadolibre for 3 times the price.

The Argentinian list of ingredients lists only: "Agua de coco natural", the original Portuguese list says less than 1% saccharose and antioxidant (
sodium metabisulfite). The strange thing is that the label on the carton indicates that it's the same importer that's selling on Mercadolibre for 3 times the price.
Interesting.

That "less than 1% saccharose" is probably responsible for the pleasant taste. Some of these sugar substitutes are many times sweeter than sugar itself. The jury is still out on a lot of them for having to do with carcinogens etc ... But I think that it is common table sugar??? Any science experts out there??? We need you!

Interesting.

That "less than 1% saccharose" is probably responsible for the pleasant taste. Some of these sugar substitutes are many times sweeter than sugar itself. The jury is still out on a lot of them for having to do with carcinogens etc ... But I think that it is common table sugar??? Any science experts out there??? We need you!
Yes, Dr. DuckDuckGo informs me that sucrose and saccharose are synonyms and are common table sugar, the label in Portuguese indicates that less than 1% is added to standardize the sweetness. Less than 2 teaspoons of sugar per litre isn't going to change the taste very much though.

hongosfrescos now have oyster and shiitake mushrooms. Yum!!

And the mix is 1kg, no wonder it lasted forever. I've been checking how to pickle mushrooms to handle the excess.

Last edited:
Back