Highly unusual weather continues in 2011

perry

Registered
Cyclone Yasi has now been upgraded to a category 5 and is about to touch the Queensland coast from Townsville to Cairns . This is the strongest cyclone to face Australia in its history and my prayers go out to the good people of Queensland.

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/w...o-a-category-five-cyclone-20110201-1acgp.html

The Australian BoM warning for northern Queensland is being couched in stronger language as Cyclone Yasi has intensified to category 5. This is the highest level on the Seffir-Simpson Scale and Category 5 is reserved for storms with winds exceeding 155 mph (69 m/s; 135 kn; 249 km/h).
he Australian BoM warning
for northern Queensland is being couched in stronger language as Cyclone Yasi has intensified to category 5. This is the highest level on the Seffir-Simpson Scale and Category 5 is reserved for storms with winds exceeding 155 mph (69 m/s; 135 kn; 249 km/h).

As stated by me many times this year is shaping up to be the worst year ever recorded for natural disasters unprecendented in recent history. There is something going on and many who are are well read and openminded know what I mean.....

perry said:
As stated by me many times this year is shaping up to be the worst year ever recorded for natural disasters unprecendented in recent history. There is something going on and many who are are well read and openminded know what I mean.....

Yes but we plebeians of the not well read, close minded variety have implored you and your acolytes to enlighten us repeatedly on these forums and you haven't spared us a crumb. Please lead us to the light oh great one.

I used to think that it was a CIA plot, but now I realize that those responsible are the Chinese.

If you have some secret to share, Perry, please share it with us close-minded illiterates. Otherwise, please go back to buying real estate (great picture b-t-dubs) and stop cluttering the boards with news I can get from weather.com.

Also, remember, in your open-mindedness, that of the Earth's 4,500,000,000 year history, "recorded history" includes, at the absolute maximum, 6000 years (ie when writing was invented, not when weather balloons started going out), or .000013% of said history, all of which has taken place in a time where the Sun has grown increasingly hotter (as is it's natural cycle). That's a lot of time for "unprecendented" things to go unrecorded (well read, no?).

In other news, today was a freakishly beautiful day. F**k that noise. No more colectivos for me. I'm buying a mule tomorrow.

I need some natural disaster excitement...part of the fun of living in San Francisco was being a sinner and anticipating the punishment from the LAWD via a massive earthquake.

You're right Perry this is 'THE' big one, never seen before and will touch down in few hours time.

Eye of storm is 35 km in radius, moving at around 35 km per hour so the beginning of the eye until the end will be as long as 1 hour to pass through an uneasy calm before all start over again and that is only the eye the cyclone itself is mammoth in size and will need several hours to go through, devastation will be unbelievable and inevitable....as a strong category five cyclone could see wind gusts in excess of 320 kilometres an hour, which is just horrific....imagine

capturepmb.jpg

People and emergency services are in total alert and fully organized for the worst conditions of this event, they are expecting terrible damage to properties and infrastructure, eventually an unfortunately there will be fatal victims for sure, hopping that will be not the case but this is a cyclone similar in magnitude and strength as the one who hit Louisiana in USA and we all know very well what did happen there.

Australian Infrared Satellite/Lightning

Thanks Lucas for your informative post as always . What we are seeing now in Queensland Australia is unknown and unheard of in the history of cyclones .

IF you're struggling to grasp the magnitude of Tropical Cyclone Yasi, consider this: it is so large it would almost cover the United States, most of Asia and large parts of Europe.

Most of the coverage about the scale of Yasi has tried to compare it with storms of the past - it's bigger than Larry, more powerful than Tracy.
But just as powerful is this comparison, showing this storm is continental in size. The main bloc of the cyclone is 500km wide, while its associated activity, shown above in a colour-coding to match intensity, stretches over 2000km.
The storm's scale of destruction is as shocking as it is inevitable. In the map above, the United States from Pennsylvania in the east to Nevada in the west, from Georgia in the south to Canada in the north and well into Mexico would be battered with 300km/h winds and up to one metre of rain.
The economic impact would be felt around the world.

Weather events are becoming extreme of late and I believe that this is just the beginning of a chain of huge catastrophes for 2011.

TarHeelBluze said:
If you have some secret to share, Perry, please share it with us close-minded illiterates. Otherwise, please go back to buying real estate (great picture b-t-dubs) and stop cluttering the boards with news I can get from weather.com.

Also, remember, in your open-mindedness, that of the Earth's 4,500,000,000 year history, "recorded history" includes, at the absolute maximum, 6000 years (ie when writing was invented, not when weather balloons started going out), or .000013% of said history, all of which has taken place in a time where the Sun has grown increasingly hotter (as is it's natural cycle). That's a lot of time for "unprecendented" things to go unrecorded (well read, no?).

In other news, today was a freakishly beautiful day. F**k that noise. No more colectivos for me. I'm buying a mule tomorrow.

true what you say but everything is relative. i don't think there's any question that natural disasters have been on the rise as of late.

when viewed within the context of the past 10 years, it appears to be a high number. when viewed within the context of the earth's age, perhaps not that many.

some claim that weather manipulation may be involved; that a military weapon called HAARP could be used to change the weather. the jury is still out. but let's just say it's not outside the realm of plausibility.

weather warfare is nothing new. the US and russia have been trying to control weather and use it as a weapon since the cold war. at the heart of it all is the work of genius nikola tesla.

the fact that global, elitist bill gates would submit a patent application for technology to control hurricanes doesn't ring as a pure coincidence to me.

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-08-28/...iam-gray-storm-patent-applications?_s=PM:TECH

Back