Hiring Native English Speakers To Work In Communications

CaptionGroup

Registered

HIRING AMERICAN NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS WHO LIVE IN ARGENTINA TO WORK IN COMMUNICATIONS

Our company is looking for native English speakers from the United States who currently reside in Argentina. We seek candidates with ­­tertiary or university education to be part of a new team of employees dedicated to communication media. Candidates must be able to work in a methodological, neat, and responsible manner, and have excellent written communication skills.

CAPTION GROUP is an international and leading production company for the following services: closed captioning (CC), audio description (AD), sign language (SL) and electronic subtitling in Spanish. CG is backed by international institutions dedicated to promoting inclusive services for people with hearing and visual impairments. Openings include part-time and full-time positions.

For more information and to apply for a personal interview, send a resume or CV to: [email protected]

IMPORTANTE EMPRESA DE COMUNICACIÓN BUSCA NATIVOS ESTADOUNIDENSES CON RESIDENCIA EN ARGENTINA

La búsqueda está orientada a personas nativas de USA que residan actualmente en Argentina. Buscamos personas con estudios terciarios y/o universitarios para formar parte de un nuevo equipo de trabajo relacionado con los medios de comunicación. Es condición excluyente que dicha persona sea metódica, prolija y responsable, con un excelente nivel de escritura.

Nuestra empresa se dedica a la producción y edición de subtítulos, y a la desgrabación de contenidos para importantes clientes de televisión e internet en todo el mundo. El trabajo es remunerado con modalidad part time o full time.
Para más información y contacto para entrevista personal, enviar un CV con datos completos a: [email protected]

Sounds interesting, but what do you mean when you say you need candidates to work in communication media? I'm sure many people would be interested to have more info.

Sounds interesting, but what do you mean when you say you need candidates to work in communication media? I'm sure many people would be interested to have more info.

It sounds like they need people who can write up audio and type it into subtitles. It doesn't look like any translation is involved, though they are not very clear on this point.

Without sounding too cynical, I get the impression that the only reason a company like this would look for people to write up stuff in English but who live in Argentina would be so that they could pay them less than they'd have to pay someone living in the USA.

Any native usa citizen living abroad who is interested in this sort of work would probably be better off applying directly to USA companies and getting payed USA wages instead. Its a classic example of the sort of job which can be done virtually without having to be 'based' in any particular place.

Maybe the OP will give further details and wipe some of my cynicism away, who knows.

Good Luck All :)

I once interviewed for a company that did subtitling for videos in Buenos Aires. The pay was $40 per hour which works out to about $6000 per month, full time. Definitely not a salary that's worth 40 hours a week for a native speaker. Teaching English now pays $120 per hour.

Side note - if they're specifically looking for "native English speakers from the United States", why repeat the whole thing in Spanish?
I have my answer, rather on the cynical side.

Thats actually why i said the translation part isn't mentioned but is unclear... it could be taken to imply multilingual applicants are what is being looked for. i.e. for translation or subtitle production in spanish too?

Guess we will find out once the op writes back :D

Why native English speakers from the United States?
Why not simply, native English speakers?

Hi all! Just to clear things up:

-As a background, I interned at CaptionGroup this past summer recruiting for these positions, and I'm back in the US now continuing to do some recruiting, so I'm not a full-time employee and do not hold much authority but I'm more or less here to spread the word about the job opportunity and to answer any concerns that you might be uncomfortable asking one of the members of the hiring team. As you can tell, I've never done recruiting before haha
-We are looking for native English speakers from the United States because for the most part, the captioning will be of US news stations
-Captioning is done using voice recognition software with some typing (for example, of novel words or to indicate a change of speaker)
-I understand the cynacism about hiring expats living in Argentina, but this is not the case, and it's definitely not a scam job or pyramid scheme! You will be paid for the training, and the starting salary is definitely sufficient. The company culture is warm, inviting, energized, and supportive, with a lot of room for growth within the company.

Sorry for the confusion!

-Polly

Back