Hola, and NBA Finals?

jpotell

Registered
Hello!

My name is Jason, 27, and I just arrived in Buenos Aires from the States, and will be here for two months. Originally from Los Angeles, but most recently lived in New York, Washington DC and Bologna (Italy).

I'm here in between years of a master's program because I need to improve my spanish in order to graduate. With the rest of my time, I'm hoping to increase my tango-ing abilities and am taking both private and group classes.

I'd love to meet other expats, learn about the city, eat good food, do lots of dancing, absorb the world cup fever, etc. I also brought my tennis racket (though am not sure if that's big here?)

In a semi-related question, are there any good american bars here? I'm dying for a place to watch game 7 of the lakers-celtics tomorrow night.

Gracias, and I look forward to meeting you!

Jason

jpotell said:
Hello!

My name is Jason, 27, and I just arrived in Buenos Aires from the States, and will be here for two months. Originally from Los Angeles, but most recently lived in New York, Washington DC and Bologna (Italy).

I'm here in between years of a master's program because I need to improve my spanish in order to graduate. With the rest of my time, I'm hoping to increase my tango-ing abilities and am taking both private and group classes.

I'd love to meet other expats, learn about the city, eat good food, do lots of dancing, absorb the world cup fever, etc. I also brought my tennis racket (though am not sure if that's big here?)

In a semi-related question, are there any good american bars here? I'm dying for a place to watch game 7 of the lakers-celtics tomorrow night.

Gracias, and I look forward to meeting you!

Jason
I also brought my tennis racket (though am not sure if that's big here?)
Google Del Potro and drop your head in shame next time you meet somewhere from Tandil! You`re still very welcome Jason!

Try Instinto Bar (Corner of Gascon and Soler) for the finals

Hey mate,

My name is Billy, 25, from Florida and am dying to watch the final tonight with someone who actually knows the game...not just the Colombians in my room at the hostel I am staying at. Send me a email ([email protected]) if you are interested in meeting up and we will figure something out.

Cheers!

Billy

I'm interested. Already emailed GlobeTrotterFL. Anybody else? Feel free to PM me.

I just posted the following on another forum. Hope it gives you some options. Unfortunately, I have to miss the finals -- sucks. Go Celtics!

Casabar
(Roriquez Peña 1150) is a great venue. Not always open however. Nearby is El Alamo (Uruguay 1175).

My personal favorite is Kafka or KFK (Paraguay 1846) an intimate neighborhood bar which I stumbled upon. Perfect size to organize a private or semi-private party. It has a big projection screen. They are currently showing all the World Cup games and tonight's NBA finals. No cover charge, freezing cold beer, full bar, excellent wine selection. If you're hungry, there is a limited, but very well-prepared menu of tapas, pastas, tenderloin, salmon, etc. During the New Zealand morning match, they even cooked me an eggs-to-order breakfast with potatoes and chorizo (not on the menu, I just asked.)

Back